THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE PHYSICIANS’S FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE IN THE SYSTEM OF POSTGRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION
The urgency of the problem raised in the paper is explained by active economic development and international cooperation of our country, by introducing information and communication technologies in all fi elds of science, including medicine, by the increasing demand for qualifi ed specialists who know foreign languages, especially English as an international one. The paper makes a point of necessity to develop foreign language professional competence of medical specialists for their acquiring practical skills and experience and using innovations in medical science and clinical practice due to effective international cooperation. The paper aims at analyzing foreign and domestic experience of developing foreign language professional competence of physicians in the system of postgraduate medical education and lifelong learning. The concept of «foreign language professional competence» and the results of questioning physicians about directions of training foreign languages within professional competence development and creating conditions for the practical use of a foreign language have been analyzed. The paper presents foreign language professional competence as an important component of professional competence of physicians, which makes possible to communicate at the international level for solving specifi c professional, business and scientifi c problems.
The necessity of health specialists and students’ cooperation when selecting the content of educational materials and organizational form of training to meet the needs of students has been substantiated. The foreign language professional competence makes it possible to use information and communication technologies, which enables free access to electronic educational and scientifi c resources, choice of online teaching materials, creating tests, questionnaires, games, as well as assessment, self-assessment of foreign language professional competence level by physicians. The prospects for further study are to analyze the physicians’ training in medical institutions of postgraduate education.
2. Dobroskok I. Social and pedagogical determinants of the Masters of Sciences in Nursing educational activity in the context of their professional development / I. Dobroskok // Profesiina osvita : metodolohiia, teoriia ta tekhnolohii: zb. nauk. prats / [red. kolehiia: Dobroskok I.I. (holov. red) ta in.]. – Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi, Dombrovska Ya.M., 2017. – Vyp. 5. – S. 5–13.
3. Dobroskok I.I. Profesiino oriientovani tekhnolohii u protsesi pidhotovky mahistriv sotsialnoi pedahohiky / I.I. Dobroskok // Ridna shkola. – 2010. – № 10. – S. 21–26.
4. Zymnyaya Y.A. Klyuchevye kompetentnosti kak rezul`tatyvnaya celevaya osnova kompetentnostnogo podhoda v obrazovaniya / Y.A. Zymnyaya. – M.: Issledovatel`sky`j centr problem kachestva podgotovky specialistov. – 2004. – 30 s.
5. Krysak L.V. Pidgotovka studentiv medychnyh special`nostej do anglomovnogo profesijno oriyentovanogo movlennya / L.V. Krysak // Zbirnyk naukovyh prats` Umans`kogo derzhavnogo pedagogichnogo un-tu. – 2014. – Ch. 1. – S. 188–194.
6. Koval` T.I. Interaktyvni texnologiyi navchannya inozemnyh mov u vyshchyh navchal`nyh zakladax [Elektronny`j resurs] / T.I. Koval` / Informacijni texnologiyi i zasoby` navchannya. – 2011. – # 6 (26). Rezhy`m dostupu do zhurnalu: http://www.journal.iitta.gov.ua
7. Sekret I.V. Model` formuvannya inshomovnoyi profesijnoyi kompetentnosti v umovax dy`stancijnoyi osvity` // [Tekst] Visny`k LNU imeni Tarasa Shevchenka # 17 (204) 2010. – 260 c., c. 199–208.
8. Stasyuk T.V. Movno-profesijna kompetentnist`/ terminologichna kompetentnist` u rozrizi sociolingvistyky / Doslidzhennya z leksykologiyi i gramatyky ukrayins`koyi movy, vyp. 15’2014. – c. 153–161.
9. Askari Arani J. The effect of ICT-based teaching method on medical students’ ESP learning// Journal of Medical Education. Winter 2004 Vol. 4, No. 2. – рр. 81–83.
10. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of primary (idiopathic) dystonia. Report by an EFNS MDS-ES Task Force [online] – Avaluable from: http://www.movementdisorders.org/ MDS-Files1/MDS-ES/guidelines_on_dystonia.pdf.
11. Ecaterina Pavel. Teaching English for Medical Purposes Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Braşov Series VII: Social Sciences. Law. Vol. 7 (56) No. 2 – 2014.
12. Melodie Hull. Medical English Clear & Simple: A Practice-Based Approach to English for ESL Healthcare Professionals. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Company. 2010. – 400 p.
13. Silvena Stavreva-Dorostolska, Katerina Peneva, Evdokia Skocheva-Shopova. Developing specialized linguistic competence in foreign students studying medicine. JAHR. Vol. 4, No. 7, 2013. – pp. 591–599.
14. Xinghong Liu, Junxiang Zhang. Foreign Language Learning through Virtual Communities / 2012 International Conference on Future Electrical Power and Energy System. Volume 17, Part A, 2012, Pages 737–740 [online]. – Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2012.02.165
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.