THE STATE OF PROFESSIONAL TRAINING OF THE BACHELORS IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS IN UKRAINE
The article provides thorough investigation of the state of professional training of the bachelors in international relations in higher education system of Ukraine. Results of the conducted research show that professional training of the future international relations specialists in Ukraine is conventionally performed in the system of higher university education at the international relations faculties or in specialized higher educational institutions according to the following majors: international relations; diplomatic service; international law; international economic relations; international information; international business; country studies etc. The extensive range of academic majors to choose from provides students with favorable educational environment creating opportunities to get knowledge, develop the necessary skills for the future professional activity in narrow fi eld guiding by personal preferences and interests. The given paper also covers the study of traditional and innovative teaching methods, which the professional training of the future international relations specialists in Ukraine relies on, which, in turn, forms a fundamental platform for understanding the professional training of future international specialists in the universities of Ukraine. The overview and analysis of instructional programs of the professional training of the Bachelors of Arts in international relations at the leading universities of Ukraine has contributed to make it possible to distinguish its characteristic features, namely: the need for more substantive defi nition of the results of student’s achievements focusing on coordination with the future professional activities; limited choices of elective disciplines; the active use of traditional teaching methods and learning process organization, as opposed to active learning methods; signifi cant emphasis on theoretical classroom training of future international relations specialists; inactive development of the students’ independent work potential in the context of autonomous learning, and research activities; the need to coordinate the academic credits transfer.
2. Instytut mizhnarodnykh vidnosyn Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. (2017a). Maister – klasy. Vziato z http://www.iir.edu.ua/education/ master_classes/
3. Lvivska politekhnika. (2016a). Mizhnarodni vidnosyny, suspilni komunikatsii ta rehionalni studii – (Mizhnarodni vidnosyny). Vziato z http://www.lp.edu.ua/education/majors/IHSS/055/2016/ua/part
4. Lvivska politekhnika. (2016b). Napriam pidhotovky «Mizhnarodna informatsiia». Vziato z http://edu.lp.edu.ua/ napryamy/6030204-mizhnarodnainformaciya
5. Lvivskyi natsionalnyi universytet imeni Ivana Franka. (2017). Plan navchalnoho protsesu dlia spetsialnosti «Mizhnarodni vidnosyny». Vziato z http://intrel.lnu.edu.ua/ academics/bachelor
6. Snihovska O.V. (2015). Profesiina inshomovna pidhotovka yak vazhlyvyi chynnyk formuvannia mizhkulturnoi kompetentnosti maibutnikh fakhivtsiv iz mizhnarodnykh vidnosyn. Naukovi zapysky Natsionalnoho universytetu «Ostrozka akademiia». Seriia «Filolohichna», 53, 314–317.
7. Khmelnytskyi natsionalnyi universytet. (2017). Osvitno-profesiina prohrama pidhotovky bakalavra. Vziato z http://www.khnu.km.ua/root/siteres.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.