PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION IN UKRAINE: THE HISTORY OF FORMATION AND DEVELOPMENT
A retrospective analysis of professional education development and formation at the end of XIX – beginning XX century was made in this article; the development of vocational technical training was studied on the archive recording and egghead paperback research and analysis ground.
Descriptive information: history, professional education, Maecenas.
The history of professional education development and formation is an essential part of national history. Taking into account modern educational reforms in Ukraine the interest in analyzing the background and development of vocational technical training increased. A huge majority of scientists` works concerning branch education and research affairs issues can serve as evidence. Sigaeva L. E., Kovalynskyy V., Kazmyrchuk M. I. and others are engaged in problems of foundation and direction of professional education in Ukraine [14; 6; 8].
At the second part of XIX century after the abolition of serfage the developing industry was requiring skilled workers; and a lot of forward-minded people from different sections of the community were realizing the necessity in training of an educated man. For that matter an astounding growth of different educational forms began and the conception of andragogical ideas was a result of this. The development of capitalism stimulated increasing of the professional education. Different ministries were opening their educational establishments: the Ministry of Local Education was opening teachers` seminaries, the Ministry of Agriculture was opening veterinary schools, and the Ministry of War was opening cadet corps, military specialized schools, and academies. The handicraft classes were opened in rural schools. Special handicraft schools were organizing.
At the second part of XIX century some positive changes came into formation of professional education: the foundation of professional education was laid, the secondary school teaching no classics was created, and the number of special education establishments was opened. The educational establishments existed thanks to money of private individuals, because state educational support was not enough. Representatives of Ukrainian elite and industrialists paid a lot of attention to the development of the professional education system. The best features of former entrepreneurial elite were embodied in their public activities.
2. Blagotvoritelnyie uchrezhdeniya Rossiyskoy imperii, 1889 – Blagotvoritelnyie uchrezhdeniya Rossiyskoy imperii: V 3t.– SPb., 1989. – 486 s.
3. Godovoy otchet Kievskogo blagotvoritelnogo obschestva za 1906, 1907 – Godovoy otchet Kievskogo blagotvoritelnogo obschestva za 1906. – K., 1907. – 406 s.
4. Drug, 1995 – Drug O. Palatsiki «tsukrovih korolIv» / O.Drug // StarozhitnostI. – 1995. – #2. – S.68-69.
5. Kovalinskiy, 1995 – Kovalinskiy V. Metsenati KiEva. / V.Kovalinskiy. – K.: “Severin-press”, UKSP, “Kobza”, 1995. – 365 s.
6. Kalendar Chernigovskoy gubernii, 1894 – Kalendar Chernigovskoy gubernii na 1893 g. – Chernigov, 1894. – 218 s.
7. Kazmirchuk, 2011 – Kazmirchuk M.G. SotsIalno-ekonomIchniy rozvitok KiYivskoYi gubernIYi (1861-1917 rr.) / M.I. Kazmirchuk. – K. : Logos, 2011. – 399 s.
8. Lebed-Yurchik, 1909 – Lebed-Yurchik N.M. Saharnaya promyishlennost v Rossii. / N.M. Lebed-Yurchik. – M., 1909. – 153 s.
9. Murashko, 1964 – Murashko M. Spogadi starogo vchitelya. / M. Murashko. – K. : Veselka, 1964. – 165 s.
10. MittsI UkraYini, 1992 – MittsI UkraYini. Entsiklopedichniy dovIdnik. – K.: Geneza, 1992. – 680 s.
11. Statisticheskie svedeniya o fabrikah i zavodah po proizvodstvam, neoblozhennyim aktsizom za 1900 g., 1903 – Statisticheskie svedeniya o fabrikah i zavodah po proizvodstvam, neoblozhennyim aktsizom za 1900 g. – SPb, 1903. – 151 s.
12. Tsentralniy derzhavniy Istorichniy arhIv UkraYini u m. KiEvI, F. 442 – Tsentralniy derzhavniy Istorichniy arhIv UkraYini u m. KiEvI (TsDIAU). – F.442. – KantselyarIya KiYivskogo, PodIlskogo I Volinskogo general-gubernatorstva.
13. TsDIAU, F.830 – TsDIAU. – F.830. – SImeyniy arhIvniy fond TereschenkIv. – Op.1.
14. TsDIAU, F.707 – TsDIAU. – F.707. – UpravlInnya KiYivskogo uchbovogo okrugu.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.