Features of the Study of Mathematical Analysis by Masters at a Pedagogical University
The article is devoted to the determination of the peculiarities of the study of mathematical analysis by master's students, future mathematics teachers, at a pedagogical university. The purpose of the article is to identify the main directions of practice-oriented teaching of mathematical analysis to masters of pedagogical higher education institution and to reveal the methods of implementing these directions in practice. In the course of the research such methods were used as an analysis of pedagogical and scientific-methodical literature, textbooks on mathematical analysis, school textbooks, materials of external independent evaluation (EIE), Internet sources; analysis of personal experience in teaching mathematical analysis at a pedagogical higher education institution; observations, conversations, experiment. Results. Currently, education at higher education institutions is based on a credit system, which gives students the prerogative to independently choose special elective courses for further study of subjects, but basic disciplines that are mandatory components, such as mathematical analysis, remain planned and unchanged. The study of mathematical analysis by masters should be oriented towards future professional activity, that is, it is necessary to focus on practice-oriented education when teaching this discipline. Practice-oriented training is considered as a process of assimilation of an educational program by masters with the aim of obtaining practical knowledge, abilities and skills necessary in a professional environment, that is, as a type of training in the process of which the formation and development of students' professional competencies takes place. The goal of practice-oriented training is to help the student «discover» and apply the acquired theoretical knowledge, learn to independently solve problems, adapt to the profession in modern conditions. The practice-oriented orientation of teaching mathematical analysis at pedagogical higher education institutions assumes the formation of students' methodical skills inseparable from subject skills. The article substantiates the role of mathematical analysis in the formation of mathematical competence and methodical literacy of the future teacher of mathematics. Conclusions. In the course of the study, based on the analysis of the content of the discipline «Selected issues of mathematical analysis» and the experience of teaching it at a pedagogical higher educational institution, the directions of master's students’ practice-oriented training this discipline at pedagogical higher educational institutions were highlighted. These include the following: 1) learning to analyse mathematical objects and the conditions in which they are specified; 2) creation of situations of new knowledge «discovery»; 3) organization of master's students' research activities and formation of their relevant skills; 4) organization of work with tests. Each direction is illustrated with examples from the mathematical analysis course.
2. Ovsiienko, L. (2017). Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid do navchannia: teoretychnyi analiz [Competency approach to education: theoretical analysis]. Pedahohichnyi protses: teoriia i praktyka, (2), 82-87 [in Ukraine].
3. Dubaseniuk, O.A. (2010). Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid u profesiinii pidhotovtsi vchytelia [Competency approach in professional teacher training]. Formuvannia estetychnoi kompetentnosti osobystosti zasobamy narodoznavstva: zb. nauk. prats molodykh doslidnykiv, 10-16 [in Ukraine].
4. Hurevych, R.S. (2014) Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid u profesiino-pedahohichnii osviti [Competency approach in professional and pedagogical education]. Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid v osviti: teoretychni zasady i praktyka realizatsii, 137-142 [in Ukraine].
5. Leiko, S.V. (2013). «Poniattia kompetentsiia ta kompetentnist: teoretychnyi analiz.» [«The concepts of competence and competence: a theoretical analysis.»]. Pedahohichnyi protses: teoriia i praktyka, 4, 128-135 [in Ukraine].
6. Maikovska, V. & Iurko, I. (2019). Workshop yak instrument praktyko-oriientovanoho navchannia i metodyko-tekhnolohichnyi zasib formuvannia pidpryiemnytskoi kompetentnosti [Workshop as a tool of practice-oriented training and methodical-technological means of formation of entrepreneurial competence]. Molod i rynok, 2 (169) [in Ukraine].
7. Drahaniuk, S.V. & Syniukova O.M. (2022). «Pobudovy» u tryvymirnomu evklidovomu prostori ta dotsilnyi kharakter yikh vysvitlennia u navchalnykh kursakh evklidovoi stereometrii za umovy praktyko-oriientovanoho navchannia [«Constructions» in three-dimensional Euclidean space and the expedient nature of their coverage in educational courses of Euclidean stereometry under the condition of practice-oriented education]. Naukovi zapysky. Seriia: Pedahohichni nauky 203, 61-68 [in Ukraine].
8. Kondratieva, S. et al. (2017). Osoblyvosti praktyko-oriientovanoho pidkhodu pry pidhotovtsi maibutnikh pedahohiv [Peculiarities of a practice-oriented approach in the training of future teachers]. Pidvyshchennia yakosti osvity: stan, problemy, perspektyvy, 18 [in Ukraine].
9. Syniukova, O.M. & Syniukova, E.N. (2019). Pro sutnist i rizni formy vprovazhdennia praktyko-oriientovanoho navchannia pid chas pidhotovky maibutniikh uchyteliv matematyky zakladiv zahalnoi serednoi osvity [About the essence and different forms of implementation of practice-oriented learning during the training of future mathematics teachers of general secondary education institutions] [in Ukraine].
10. Krasnova, A. et al. (2020). Metody i formy pidhotovky zdobuvachiv osvity do naukovo-doslidnytskoi diialnosti v umovakh dystantsiinoho navchannia [Methods and forms of training students for scientific and research activities in the conditions of distance learning] [in Ukraine].
11. Perevoshchikova Elena N., et al. (2019). The methodology for developing professional competencies of bachelors in the program «Pedagogical Education». Revista Espacios, 40 (33), 26.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.