Features of the Humanities Subjects Teachers' Training for Professional Guidance Work at Institutions of General Secondary Education
The problem of humanities teachers’ adaptation to career guidance work with students in general secondary education institutions is currently one of the most complex interdisciplinary problems, which covers various spheres of human activity: psychological-pedagogical, socio-economic and medical-biological. The purpose of the article is to characterize the peculiarities of the humanities subjects teachers' training for professional guidance work in institutions of general secondary education. During the research, the author used general scientific and pedagogical research methods, namely theoretical ones, which include: analysis (comparative, systemic, inductive, deductive); synthesis (general scientific, interdisciplinary); classification, systematization, generalization. Results. The study analyzed the main provisions of the problem of professional adaptation of young teachers of humanitarian subjects to career guidance work; the periods of formation of readiness for its implementation are determined: pre-career guidance and the period of direct career guidance; three stages (initial-adaptive as "entry" into career guidance work, medium adaptation to conducting career guidance with students and effective career guidance work) of the period of direct career guidance are distinguished. Instructive meetings of a young specialist with the head of the educational institution, deputies and methodologists regarding the main responsibilities, and the style of career guidance work of this educational institution to provide methodical assistance in the process of preparing for classes with a career guidance goal is characterized. The essence of system-organized mentoring is revealed, which ensures the close cooperation of an experienced teacher with a novice teacher for the transfer of pedagogical and career guidance experience aimed at the successful self-improvement of a young teacher, his self-realization, self-education, self-organization and self-correction. The main functions of a mentor are described (professional and educational, educational, the influence of the authority of the teacher, and self-education), which contribute to the proper conduct of career guidance work by a novice teacher in an educational institution. Conclusions. In the study, the main pedagogical approaches to the consolidation of teacher-mentors were determined. It was concluded that the training teachers of humanitarian subjects for vocational guidance work at general secondary education institutions has certain features that affect the quality of its implementation.
2. Boichuk, V.M., Konoshevskyi, L.L. & Sahadina, O.Iu. (2018). Profesiina oriientatsiia uchniv u zakladakh zahalnoi serednoi osvity [Professional orientation of students in institutions of general secondary education]. Zbior artykulow naukowych recenzowanych. Zbior artykulow naukowych z Konferencji Miedzynarodowej Naukowo-Praktycznej (on-line) zorganizowanej dla pracownikow naukowych uczelni, jednostek naukowo-badawczych oraz badawczych z panstw obszaru bylego Zwiazku Radzieckiego oraz bylej Jugoslawii (pp. 39-45).Warszawa [in Ukrainian].
3. Dolnikova, L. (2017). Formuvannia profesiinoi kompetentnosti fakhivtsia na pidstavi intehratsii znan [Formation of the specialist's professional competence based on the integration of knowledge]. Problemy matematychnoi osvity: Materialy mizhnarodnoi naukovo-metodychnoi konferentsii PMO (P.119) [in Ukrainian].
4. Zahrebniuk, Yu.V. (2013). Profesiine samovyznachennia uchniv yak sotsialno-pedahohichna problema [Professional self-determination of students as a socio-pedagogical problem]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Umanskoho derzhavnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni Pavla Tychyny. Pedahohichni nauky – Collection of Scientific Papers of Uman State Pedagogical University, 2, 146-151 [in Ukrainian].
5. Zaporozhtseva, Yu.S. (2020). Stratehiia supervizii (nastavnytstva) yak pidtrymka profesiinoho rozvytku suchasnoho pedahoha [The strategy of supervision (mentoring) as support for the professional development of a modern teacher] Pedahohika formuvannia tvorchoi osobystosti u vyshchii i zahalnoosvitnii shkolakh – Pedagogy of the formation of a creative personality in higher and secondary schools, 69, 70-73 [in Ukrainian].
6. Okhrimenko, Z.V. (2021). Systema profesiinoi oriientatsii starshoklasnykiv. [System of professional orientation of high school students] Proftekhosvita – Vocational education, 3(148), 18-25 [in Ukrainian].
7. Paderno, V.V. (2017). Formuvannia profesiinoi identychnosti v maibutnikh uchyteliv humanitarnykh dystsyplin [Formation of professional identity in future teachers of humanitarian disciplines]. Extatnded abstract of candidate’s thesis. Odesa [in Ukrainian].
8. Avsheniuk, N. et al. (2021). Profesiinyi standart uchytelia novoho pokolinnia [Professional standard of a new generation teacher]. Retrieved from https://elibrary.kubg.edu.ua/id/eprint/40007/1/Linnik_O_PSVPSH.pdf [in Ukrainian].
9. Rebukha, L., Shkvyr, O., Kazakova, N. & Polishchuk, O. (2022). Naukovi napriamky ta etapy proforiientatsiinoi roboty u zakladakh zahalnoi serednoi osvity [Scientific directions and stages of career guidance work in institutions of general secondary education]. Profesionalizm pedahoha: teoretychni y metodychni aspekty – Professionalism of the Teacher: Theoretical and Methodological Aspects, 2(17), 52-64.
10. Rozvadovska, T.V. (2018). Nastavnytstvo yak pedahohichnyi fenomen. [Mentoring as a pedagogical phenomenon] Naukovyi chasopys Natsionalnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni M. P. Drahomanova. Seriia 11 : Sotsialna robota. Sotsialna pedahohika – Scientific journal National Pedagogical Dragomanov University, 24(2), 140-147. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nchnpu_011_2018_24(2)__21 [in Ukrainian].
11. Chumak, M.Ie. (2012). Rivni sformovanosti hotovnosti do proforiientatsiinoi roboty z uchniamy zahalnoosvitnikh navchalnykh zakladiv v umovakh profilizatsii navchannia ta metody yikh vyznachennia. [Levels of preparedness for career guidance work with students of general educational institutions in conditions of educational profiling and methods of their determination]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Kamianets-Podilskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Ivana Ohiienka. Seriia pedahohichna – Collection of Scientific Papers Kamianets-Podilskyi National Ivan Ohiienko University. Pedagogical Series, 18, 94-97 [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.