Pedagogical Conditions for Training Future Geography Teachers for Continuous Professional Development
The article defines and characterizes the pedagogical conditions for training future geography teachers for continuous professional development. It is about ensuring the positive motivation of students, creating an environment in higher education institutions conducive to continuous professional development, innovative direction the content of education, forms, methods and means of training for the preparation of future geography teachers for continuous professional development, the implementation of individual scientific research of future geography teachers in the subject specialty. The purpose of the article is to define and substantiate the pedagogical conditions of the system of training future geography teachers for continuous professional development. Among the research methods the following are used: description, synthesis, systematization, comparison and generalization of the analyzed data, methods of pedagogical modeling and forecasting. Results. Providing positive motivation of future geography teachers for continuous professional development can be seen through a combination of factors and processes that encourage future teachers to study and assimilate subject geographic knowledge and form the professional competencies of a geography teacher. The creation of an environment conducive to continuous professional development of future geography teachers is characterized by a comfortable moral and psychological climate at the university; growth of the culture of academic integrity and responsibility of all participants in the educational process; implementation of pedagogical facilitation and tutoring in the training of future geography teachers; stimulating future teachers of geography to self-education and self-development, considering the individual characteristics. Conclusions. The innovative direction of the content of education, forms, methods and means of training for the preparation of future geography teachers for continuous professional development is determined through the introduction of an innovative educational environment by combining both traditional forms of education and using of innovative methods, technologies, learning tools (introduction of case technology, use electronic geographic maps and atlases, digital excursions and virtual tours, geoinformation systems and technologies, etc.). Individual scientific research in the system of training future teachers of geography for continuous professional development is determined by the individuality, continuity and consistency of research work through the study of theoretical and methodological features of teaching geography in institutions of general secondary education.
2. Burtseva, Yu.O. (2020). Vykorystannia zarubizhnoho dosvidu profesiinoi pidhotovky i rozvytku pedahohiv v umovakh onovlennia ukrainskoi systemy neperervnoi pedahohichnoi osvity [The use of foreign experience in the professional training and development of teachers in the conditions of renewal of the Ukrainian system of continuous pedagogical education]. Profesiinyi rozvytok pedahoha v systemi bezperervnoi osvity: mizhnarodnyi dosvid : materialy konferentsii (pp. 10-14). DOI: https://doi.org/10.36074/d-oblippo.conf-10.12.2020-01 [in Ukrainian].
3. Voliarska, O.S. (2012). Pedahohichni umovy upravlinnia navchalnym protsesom u systemi neperervnoi pedahohichnoi osvity v Ukraini [Pedagogical conditions for managing the educational process in the system of continuous pedagogical education in Ukraine]. Visnyk Zaporizkoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Pedahohichni nauky – Bulletin of Zaporizhzhіa National University. Pedagogical Sciences, (17), 122-127 [in Ukrainian].
4. Dzhaman, T.V. (2021). Pedahohichni umovy neperervnoi pidhotovky vchyteliv pochatkovoi shkoly do profesiinoi diialnosti v inkliuzyvnomu osvitnomu seredovyshchi [Pedagogical conditions of continuous training of primary school teachers for professional activity in an inclusive educational environment]. Naukovyi chasopys NPU imeni M. P. Drahomanova. Seriia 5. Pedahohichni nauky: realii ta perspektyvy – Scientific journal National Pedagogical Dragomanov University. Series 5. Pedagogical scienses: realities and prospects, 79(1), 123-127 [in Ukrainian].
5. Krylovets, M.H. (2009). Systema metodychnoi pidhotovky maibutnikh uchyteliv heohrafii. Doctor’s thesis. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
6. Kryshinets-Andialoshii, K.O. (2021). Orhanizatsiino-pedahohichni umovy formuvannia rozvyvaiuchoho seredovyshcha zakladu zahalnoi serednoi osvity [Organizational and pedagogical conditions for the formation of a developing environment of a general secondary education institution]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu. Seriia: Pedahohika. Sotsialna robota – Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod University. Series: Pedagogy. Social Work, 1(48), 199-203. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24144/2524-0609.2021.48.199-203 [in Ukrainian].
7. Martynets, L.A. (2018). Zahalna kharakterystyka osvitnoho zakonodavstva shchodo neperervnosti profesiinoho rozvytku vchytelia [General characteristics of educational legislation regarding the continuity of professional development of a teacher]. Innovatsiina pedahohika – Innovative Pedagog, 5, 157-160 [in Ukrainian].
8. Martynets, L.A. (2018). Zmistova kharakterystyka osvitnoho seredovyshcha profesiinoho rozvytku vchytelia v zakladi zahalnoi serednoi osvity [Content characteristic of the educational environment of professional development of the teacher in the institution of general secondary education]. Osvita ta rozvytok obdarovanoi osobystosti – Education and Development of Gifted Personality, 3(70), 5-10 [in Ukrainian].
9. Miroshnyk, S.I. (2016). Profesiinyi rozvytok pedahoha: suchasni pidkhody [Professional development of a teacher: modern approaches]. Narodna osvita – Public education, №2(29). Retrieved from https://www.narodnaosvita.kiev.ua/?page_id=4133 [in Ukrainian].
10. Nosachenko, V.M. (2022). Motyvatsiina skladova pidhotovky maibutnikh uchyteliv heohrafii do bezperervnoho profesiinoho rozvytku [The motivational component of training future geography teachers for continuous professional development]. IX Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia «Suchasna osvita: stratehii ta tekhnolohii navchannia molodi i doroslykh», (pp. 184-188) Pereiaslav [in Ukrainian].
11. Nosachenko, V.M. (2022). Pokaznyky, kryterii ta rivni hotovnosti maibutnikh uchyteliv heohrafii do bezperervnoho profesiinoho rozvytku [Indicators, criteria and levels of readiness of future geography teachers for continuous professional development]. Pedahohika formuvannia tvorchoi osobystosti u vyshchii i zahalnoosvitnii shkolakh – Pedagogy of the formation of a creative personality in higher and secondary schools, 84, 55-60. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32840/1992-5786.2022.84.8 [in Ukrainian].
12. Nosachenko, V.M. (2022). Teoretychne obgruntuvannia pedahohichnoi systemy pidhotovky maibutnikh uchyteliv heohrafii do bezperervnoho profesiinoho rozvytku [Theoretical justification of the pedagogical system of training future geography teachers for continuous professional development]. Profesiina osvita: metodolohiia, teoriia ta tekhnolohii – Professional Education: Methodology, Theory and Technologies, 15, 188-206 [in Ukrainian].
13. Timets, O.V. (2011). Teoriia i praktyka formuvannia fakhovoi kompetentnosti maibutnoho vchytelia heohrafii u protsesi profesiinoi pidhotovky [Theory and practice of formation of professional competence of the future teacher of geography in the process of professional training]. Extatnded abstract of candidate’s thesis. Cherkasy. [in Ukrainian].
14. Khatuntseva, S.M. (2018). Teoretychni i metodychni zasady formuvannia u maibutnikh uchyteliv hotovnosti do samovdoskonalennia u protsesi indyvidualizatsii profesiinoi pidhotovky [Theoretical and methodological principles of formation of future teachers' readiness for self-improvement in the process of individualization of professional training]. Doctor’s thesis. Berdiansk. [in Ukrainian].
15. Khoruzha, L. & Bratko, M. (2018). Model pedahohichnoi osvity suchasnoho universytetu [Model of pedagogical education of a modern university]. Neperervna profesiina osvita: teoriia i praktyka. Seriia: Pedahohichni nauky – Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice. Series: Pedagogical scienses, 3-4 (56-57), 7-13 [in Ukrainian].
16. Frytsiuk, V.A. (2016). Hotovnist maibutnikh pedahohiv do bezperervnoho profesiinoho samorozvytku [The readiness of future teachers for continuous professional self-development]. Visnyk Dnipropetrovskoho universytetu imeni Alfreda Nobelia. Seriia «Pedahohika i psykholohiia». – Bulletin of Alfred Nobel University. Series: Pedagogy and Psychology, 2(12), 325-330 [in Ukrainian].
17. Frytsiuk, V.A. (2017). Teoretychni ta metodychni zasady pidhotovky maibutnikh pedahohiv do bezperervnoho profesiinoho samorozvytku [Theoretical and methodological principles of training future teachers for continuous professional self-development]. Doctor’s thesis. Vinnytsia [in Ukrainian].
18. Chubrei, O.S. (2019). Aprobatsiia strukturno-funktsionalnoi modeli pidhotovky maibutnoho vchytelia heohrafii do profesiinoi diialnosti na zasadakh kompetentnisnoho pidkhodu [Approbation of the structural-functional model of training a future geography teacher for professional activity based on the competence approach]. Innovatsiina pedahohika – Innovate Pedagogy, 19(3), 147-150 [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.