The Concept of Forming of the Students’ Digital and Professional Competence in the Study of the Educational Component «Informatization in the Field of Public Health»
The article is devoted to the study of the formation of digital and professional competence of higher medical education institutions students, using the example of competences and learning outcomes, the formation of which contributes to the study of the educational component «Informatization in the field of public health». The purpose of the article is to consider the acquisition of digital and professional competences by students at institutions of higher medical education of Ukraine, which are necessary to ensure a responsible attitude to «digital health» as an auxiliary mechanism and part of the health care system, using the example of studying the educational component «Informatization in the field of public health». To achieve the defined goal, such research methods as generalization, comparison, systematization and abstraction are used. Results. The article analyzes legislative documents regarding the concept of education development in the world society and in Ukraine. The National Strategy for Reforming the Health Care System in Ukraine was considered. The level of forming the digital competence of students at Ukrainian higher medical education institutions was determined. It was also stated that the process of forming end-to-end digital competence among students, when studying the educational component «Informatization in the field of public health», takes place due to the meaningful use of digital learning and learning technology, effective interaction between the acquisition of competences and composition in the context of practice. The educational component «Informatization in the field of public health» considers the issue of intelligent support systems for medical decision-making, highlights multifaceted research streams, each of which focuses on special aspects of information security and privacy, able to receive current practical recommendations and information on medical and biological research, skills of working with E-health, able to create and work with medical knowledge bases in the conditions of development of the electronic system of public health protection. Conclusions. The educational component «Informatization in the field of public health» provides for the development of modern information and communication technologies (accounts, documents, tables and forms), which will help improve external communication skills and information collection through mass surveys, analysis and visualization of results, against the background of modern changes in the links of the health care system, the constant development of science, the rapid evolution of medical care standards, the emergence of new rules and protocols from regulatory bodies, increased requirements for the health of patients.
2. Bibik, N.M. (2015). Perevagy i ryzyky zaprovadzhennya kompetentnisnogo pidxodu v osviti [Advantages and risks of implementing a competency-based approach in education]. Ukrainskij pedagogicheskij zhurnal – Ukrainian Educational Journal, 1, 47–58 [in Ukrainian].
3. Havrilova, L.G. & Topolnyk, Y.V. (2017). Cifrova kultura, cifrova gramotnіst, cifrova kompetentnіst yak suchasnі osvіtnі fenomeni [Digital culture, digital literacy, digital competence as modern educational phenomena]. Іnformacіjnі tekhnologії і zasobi navchannya – Information Technologies and Learning Tools, 61(5), 1–14 [in Ukrainian].
4. Dorozhnya karta osvitnoyi reformy (2015–2025) (neoficijnyj tekst). (2022). [Roadmap for educational reform]. Retrieved from https://ips.ligazakon.net/document/NT1812 [in Ukrainian].
5. Zavatska, N.E. & Mykhailyshyn, U.B. (2017). Teoretiko-metodologіchnі osnovi vivchennya problemi adaptacії do navchannya studentskoї molodі v umovah osvіtnogo seredovishcha VNZ [Theoretical and methodological foundations of the study of the problem of adaptation to education of student youth in the conditions of the educational environment of higher educational institutions]. Materials of international science and practice conf. “Innovative research in the fields of sociology, psychology and politics” (pp.78–81) Sládkovičovo. Vydal: Vysoká škola Danubius [in Ukrainian].
6. Zaitseva, O.V., Batiuk, L.V. & Chovpan, H.O. (2022). Sylabus osvitnoho komponentu «Informatyzatsiia v sferi hromadskoho zdorovia [Syllabus of the educational component «Informatization in the field of public health»]. Retrieved from https://knmu.edu.ua/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/inform1k_gr-zd22.pdf [in Ukrainian].
7. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro vnesennia zmin do deiakykh zakoniv Ukrainy shchodo vdoskonalennia osvitnoi diialnosti u sferi vyshchoi osvity» (2020) [Law of Ukraine On amendments to certain laws of Ukraine on improving educational activities in the area of Higher Education]. (Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady (VVR), 2020, № 24, st.170). Dokument 392–IX, chynnyi, potochna redaktsiia. Pryiniattia vid 18.12.2019. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/392–20#n12 [in Ukrainian].
8. Karamushka, T.V. (2015). Typy profesiinoi kariery studentiv ta aspirantiv u mizhkulturnomu osvitnomu seredovyshchi [Types of professional careers of students and postgraduates in an intercultural educational environment]. Problemy suchasnoi psykholohii – Problems of Modern Psycholog, 27, 182–197 [in Ukrainian].
9. Zhukovoi, O.A. & Komyshana, A.I. (Ed.). (2021). Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid u vyshchii shkoli: teoriia ta praktyka [Competency approach in higher education: theory and practice: monograph]. Kharkiv: KhNU imeni V. N. Karazina. DOI: 10.26565/9789662856729 [in Ukrainian].
10. Ovcharuk, O.V. (Ed.). (2004). Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid u suchasnii osviti: svitovyi dosvid ta ukrainski perspektyvy: Biblioteka z osvitnoi polityky [Competency approach in modern education: world experience and Ukrainian perspectives: Library of educational policy.]. Kyiv: K. I.S. [in Ukrainian].
11. Kuklo, O.Ie. (2015). Psykholoho-pedahohichni umovy rozvytku komunikatyvnoi kompetentnosti maibutnikh pravookhorontsiv [Psychological and pedagogical conditions for the development of communicative competence of future law enforcement officers]. Extatnded abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
12. Luniachek, V.E. (2012). Teoretyko–metodolohichni zasady profesiinoi pidhotovky kerivnykh kadriv v umovakh mahistratury do upravlinnia yakistiu osvity [Theoretical and methodological principles of professional training of managers in terms of master’s degree in quality management of education]. Doctor’s thesis. Kharkiv: KHNPU imeni H.S. Skovorody [in Ukrainian].
13. Nalyvaiko, O. (2019). Vyznachennia rivnia sformovanosti tsyfrovoi kompetentnosti zdobuvacha osvity za dopomohoiu prohramy «The digital competency wheel». [Determining the level of formation of the digital competence of the student of education using the program «The digital competence wheel»]. Innovatsiini pedahohichni tekhnolohii v tsyfrovii shkoli: zb. tez dop. mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf. (pp. 97-100). Kharkiv. [in Ukrainian].
14. Natsionalna stratehiia rozvytku osvity v Ukraini na 2012-2021 roky. (2012). [National strategy for the development of education in Ukraine for 2012-2021]. Retrieved from http://www.mon.gov.ua/images/files/news/12/05/4455.pdf. [in Ukrainian].
15. Pro deiaki pytannia derzhavnykh standartiv povnoı̈ zahalnoı̈ serednoı̈ osvity. Kabinet Ministriv Ukraı̈ny (2020). [About some issues of state standards of general secondary education. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. Resolution of September 30, 2020]. No. 898. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/898-2020-%D0%BF#Text [in Ukrainian].
16. Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsiï rozvytku tsyfrovykh kompetentnostei ta zatverdzhennia planu zakhodiv z yii realizatsiï. Kabinet Ministriv Ukrainy. Rozporiadzhennia vid 3 bereznia 2021 r. № [On the approval of the Concept of the development of digital competences and the approval of the plan of measures for its implementation. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. Order of March 3, 2021. No. 167-r.]. Retrieved from https://zakon. rada.gov.ua/laws/show/167-2021-%D1%80#n13 [in Ukrainian].
17. Proekt «Tsyfrova adzhenda Ukrainy – 2020». (2016). [«Digital Agenda of Ukraine – 2020» project]. Retrieved from https://ucci.org.ua/uploads/files/58e78ee3c3922.pdf
18. Skrypnikov, A.M. Isakov, R.I. & Nebesnyi, H.L. (2013). Osoblyvosti psykholohichnoi adaptatsii inozemnykh studentiv medychnykh zakladiv Ukrainy [Peculiarities of psychological adaptation of foreign students of medical institutions of Ukraine]. Svit medytsyny ta biolohii – World of Medicine and Biolog, 2(37), 159–161 [in Ukrainian].
19. Shchorichna dopovid pro stan zdorovia naselennia, sanitarno-epidemichnu sytuatsiiu ta rezultaty diialnosti systemy okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy za 2017 rik. (2018) [Annual report on the state of health of the population, the sanitary-epidemic situation and the results of the health care system of Ukraine in 2017] Kyiv: MOZ Ukrainy, DU «UISD MOZ Ukrainy».
20. Aspegren, K. (1999). BEME guide no. 2: teaching and learning communication skills in medicine – a review with quality grading of articles. Medical Teacher, 21(6), 563–570. DOI: 10.1080/ 01421599978979
21. Batyuk, L. (2017). The European structure of digital competences in Ukrainian society: challenges and innovations. Journal of Education, Health and Sport, 7(11), 481–494. DOI: 10.12775/JEHS.2017.7.11.044
22. Batyuk, L., Zhernovnykova, O. (2022). Modern educational digital competence of future doctors of Poland as a European state. New Collegium, 3, 55–65. DOI: 10.30837/nc.2022.3.55.
23. Batyuk, L., Zhernovnykova, O. (2018). Strategy for the development of digital competence in the national education system of Ukrainian society. Journal of Education, Health and Sport, 8(11), 912–921. DOI: 10.12775/JEHS.2018.8.11.087
24. Batyuk, L., Zhernovnykova, O. (2016). Education of students in higher educational medical universities of Ukraine taking into account competence-oriented educational technologies. Journal of Education, Health and Sport, 6(2), 375–390. DOI: 10.12775/JEHS.2016.6.02.032
25. Caravello, M., Huertas-Abril, C.A., Gómez-Parra, M.E. (2020). Improving Teachers’ Digital Competence to Bridge the Language Gap. In C. Huertas-Abril, & M. Gómez-Parra (Eds.), International Approaches to Bridging the Language Gap. Hershey, PA: IGI Global. 67–82.
26. Carretero, G. S., Vuorikari, R., Punie, Y. (2017). DigComp 2.1: The Digital Competence Framework for Citizens with eight proficiency levels and examples of use, Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2017. DOI: 10.2760/38842
27. Chandrashekar, P. (2019). A digital health preclinical requirement for medical students. Academic Medicine. 2019. 94(6). P. 749. DOI: 10.1097/ACM.0000000000002685
28. Chen, M. How Big Data Powers the Internet of Things. Retrieved from https://blogs.oracle.com/bigdata/how-big-data-powers-the-internet-of-things
29. Clement, J. (2020). Global digital population as of January 2020. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/617136/digital-population-worldwide/
30. Digital competence framework for Ukrainian teachers and other citizens. (2019). Retrieved from https://erasmusplus.org.ua/projects/ka2/2220-digital-competence-framework-for-ukrainian-teachers-and-othercitizens.html
31. Dreyfus, Stuart E. (2014). A Five-Stage Model of the Mental Activities Involved in Directed Skill Acquisition. Washington, DC: Storming Media, 1980.
32. European E-competence Framework. Version 3.0. (2014). Retrieved from www.ecompetences.eu.
33. From, J. (2017). Pedagogical Digital Competence–Between Values, Knowledge and Skills. High. Educ. Stud, 7(2), 43–50. doi: 10.5539/hes.v7n2p43
34. Global strategy on digital health 2020-2025. World Health Organization. (2021). Retrieved from https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/documents/gs4dhdaa2a9f352b0445bafbc79ca799dce4d.pdf
35. Haag, M., Igel, C., Fischer, M.R. (2018). Digital teaching and digital medicine: a national initiative is needed. GMS Journal of Medical Education, 35(3), 1–6. DOI: 10.3205/zma001189
36. Kostkova, P. (2015). Grand challenges in digital health. Front Public Health, 3(134), 375–390. DOI: 10.3389/fpubh.2015.00134
37. O’Dea S. Number of smartphone users worldwide from 2016 to 2021. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/330695/number-of-smartphone-users-worldwide/
38. Redecker, C. (2017). European Framework for the Digital Competence of Educators: DigCompEdu. Punie Y. (ed). EUR 28775 EN. Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg. DOI: 10.2760/159770
39. Statista. Internet of Things (IoT) connected devices installed base worldwide from 2015 to 2025. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/471264/iot-number-of-connected-devices-worldwide/
40. The Digital Competence Framework 2.0. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/digcomp/digital-competence-framework.
41. The Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition. Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/digital-singlemarket/en/digital-skills-jobs-coalition.
42. The World Economic Forum COVID Action Platform, “The COVID-19 pandemic has changed education forever”. (2021). Retrieved from https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/coronavirus-education-global-covid19-online-digital-learning/
43. Vassar, L. (2015). How to equip new doctors for the digital health frontier. American Medical Association. Retrieved from https://www.ama-assn.org/education/accelerating-change-medical-education/how-equip-new-doctors-digital-health-frontier
44. World Health Organization. Global strategy on digital health. Geneva: WHO. (2020). Retrieved from https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/documents/gs4dhdaa2a9f352b0445bafbc79ca799dce4d.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.