Arts Education in the Development of the Personality of the Next Generation of Future Music Teachers: History and Modernity
The article focuses on the problem of the future music teacher’s comprehensive personal development, which is the basis of their professional competence, pedagogical skill and spiritual culture, relevant to modern education. The purpose of the study is a retrospective and comparative analysis of the problem of comprehensive personal development of the future music art teacher of a new generation, based on the historical and pedagogical experience of the organization of art education in the collegiums of Left-bank Ukraine (18th-the early 19th centuries), as they laid the groundwork for the formation and development of general and professional art education; to illustrate the practical implementation of the historical and pedagogical experience of art education organization in the collegiums of Left-bank Ukraine (18th-the early 19th centuries) on the comprehensive development of the future music teacher personality in higher educational institutions. Methods. The research methods used by the author were analysis, synthesis, systematisation, comparison and generalisation. Results. Modernization of art education in Ukraine aims to improve the spiritual and creative development of personality, humanization and humanitarization of educational process in educational institutions of different types. Consequently, this requires searching for optimal approaches to the organization of art education in higher educational establishments, which would focus on the comprehensive development and professional training of future music teachers as carriers and transmitters of national culture. Conclusions. The author has noted that the analysis and creative insight into the historical and pedagogical experience of art education organization in the collegiums of the Left Bank Ukraine (18th-the early 19th centuries) determines the possibility of its use in modern higher educational institutions for comprehensive individual development of future music art teachers, which is the basis of their professional competence, teaching skills and spiritual culture. The author has presented the transformation of progressive ideas of historical and pedagogical experience of the organization of art education in the collegiums of Left-bank Ukraine (18th-the early 19th centuries). Moreover, the author has defined the forms of organizing educational and extracurricular cultural and artistic activities of future music teachers at higher pedagogical educational institutions, namely: 1) individual classes in «Additional musical instrument», «Voice production», «Choir conducting», «Main musical instrument» and group (practical) classes in artistic disciplines, which are the part of the educational program «Secondary education (Musical art)» on the training of future music teachers; 2) staging and theatricalization, which is implemented in the course of the educational discipline «Staging a children's musical performance» and organizing creative student theater groups to perform theatrical actions: 3) vocal and choral groups in an educational institution: 4) extracurricular cultural and artistic activities.
2. Dmitriyeva, I. (2001). Spryynyattya ta rozuminnya tvoriv obrazotvorchoho mystetstva uchnyamy dopomizhnoyi shkoly [Perception and understanding of works of fine art by students of an auxiliary school]. Naukovi zapysky. Seriya: Pedahohichni nauky - Proceedings. Series: Pedagogical sciences. Kyiv, 32, II, 106. [in Ukrainian].
3. Drozdov, V. (1916). Íoann Maksimovich – osnovatelʹ Chernigovskoy seminarii Svyatitelʹ Bozhiy Íoann Maksimovich – mitropolit Tobolʹskiy i vseya Sibiri [John Maksimovich – Founder of the Chernihiv Seminary St. John Maksimovich, Metropolitan of Tobolsk and All Siberia]. Sbornik Chernigovskogo yeparkhialʹnogo drevnekhranilishcha - Collection of the Chernihiv diocesan ancient repository. Chernigov: Yeparkhialʹnaya tipografiya, 95–103. [in Russian].
4. Zholtovsʹkyy, P. (1958). Vyzvolʹna borotʹba ukrayinsʹkoho narodu v pam’yakakh mystetstva XVI–XVIII st. [The liberation struggle of the Ukrainian people in the art monuments of the XVI–XVIII centuries]. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo Akademiyi nauk Ukrayinsʹkoyi RSR [in Ukrainian].
5. Levitsʹkiy, P. (1889). Proshloye Pereyaslavskogo dukhovnogo uchilishcha. Rechʹ, chitannaya na akte v Pereyaslavskom dukhovnom uchilishche 13 oktyabrya 1888 g. Po sluchayu ispolnivshegosya 150-letiya [The Past of the Pereyaslav Spiritual School. Speech delivered at an act at the Pereyaslav Theological School on October 13, 1888. On the occasion of the 150th anniversary]. Kiev. [in Russian].
6. Mashchenko, S. (2003). Ukrayinsʹki myslyteli XVII–XVIII st. na Chernihovo-Sivershchyni. Naukovo-populyarni narysy [Ukrainian thinkers of the XVII–XVIII centuries in Chernihiv-Sivershchyna. Popular scientific essays]. Chernihiv: Chernihivsʹki oberehy [in Ukrainian].
7. Parkhomenko, V. (1908). Ocherk istorii Pereyaslavsko-Borispolʹskoy yeparkhii (1733–1785 gg.) [Essay on the history of the Pereyaslav-Borispol diocese (1733–1785)]. Poltava [in Russian].
8. Pereukhenko, H. (1998). Tradytsiyi i praktyka vplyvu teatralʹnoyi pedahohiky na pidhotovku maybutnikh vchyteliv: Dys. …kand. ped. nauk: 13.00.01 [Traditions and practice of the influence of theater pedagogy on the training of future teachers: Diss. ... candidate ped. Sciences: 13.00.01.]. Kyiv, 15–36. [in Ukrainian].
9. (1887). Svedeniya o Pereyaslavsko-Poltavskoy seminarii za vremya ot 1798 g. po 1818 g., izvlechennyye iz del arkhiva Poltavskoy dukhovnoy konsistorii [Information about the Pereyaslav-Poltava Seminary for the period from 1798 to 1818, extracted from the archives of the Poltava Theological Consistory]. Poltavskiye yeparkhialʹnyye vedomosti - Poltava Diocesan Gazette, 21, 770. [in Russian].
10. Siropolko, S. (1937). Istoriia osvity na Ukraini [History of education in Ukraine]. Lviv, 54. [in Ukrainian].
11. Tkachenko, O. (2015). Mystetska osvita v kolehiumakh Livoberezhnoi Ukrainy (XVIII – pochatok XIX stolittia). Avtoreferat dysertatsii na zdobuttia naukovoho stupenia kand. ped. nauk (13.00.01 – zahalna pedahohika ta istoriia pedahohiky) [Art education in colleges of the Left Bank of Ukraine (XVIII – beginning of the XIX century). Abstract of the dissertation for obtaining the scientific degree of Candidate of Science. ped. Sciences (13.00.01 – general pedagogy and history of pedagogy)]. Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi. [in Ukrainian].
12. Travkina, O. (2003). Chernihivskyi kolehium: Dys. …kand. istor. nauk: 07.00.08. [Chernihiv Collegium: Diss. ... candidate history Sciences: 07.00.08]. Lviv, 170. [in Ukrainian].
13. Khyzhniak, Z., Mankivskyi, V. (2003). Istoriia Kyievo-Mohylianskoi akademii [History of the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy]. Kyiv: Vydavnychyi dim KM «Akademiia», [in Ukrainian].
14. Shreier-Tkachenko, O. (1972). Hryhorii Skovoroda – muzykant [Hryhoriy Skovoroda is a musician]. Kyiv: Muzychna Ukraina, [in Ukrainian].
15. Yanko, D., Krvavych, D. (1969). Skulptura. Istoriia ukrainskoho mystetstva [Sculpture. History of Ukrainian art]. Kyiv, 4, 1, 54–74. [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.