Social networks as tools for forming the informational educational environment of a higher education institution
The article examines the issue of the influence of social networks on the formation of the informational educational environment of a higher education institution. The unique potential of social networks in the context of providing an opportunity for higher education institutions to promote educational services among applicants, their parents, domestic and foreign partners was noted. The purpose of the article is to analyze the possibilities of social networks as a component of the informational educational environment and to study their influence on the formation of the image of a higher education institution. Methods. The authors investigate the set goal with the help of such methods as analysis of psychological and pedagogical literature, comparison, generalization, systematization. The results. In the article, the authors focus on the fact that the constant need to present the most relevant information about the higher education institution, advertise it on the Internet, deliver the necessary content to students and their parents, prompts its management to search for new information platforms to promote its brand on the Internet, provide support in real time mode. In the process of theoretical analysis of literary sources, the guiding principles of image formation of the institution of higher education using social networks were determined (complexity of information presentation, systematic information support, usefulness of content, high quality of graphics and used multimedia, attentiveness and concern for the student of education). A study of the influence of social networks (in particular, such as Facebook, Instagram and Telegram) on the formation of a positive image of a higher education institution was carried out. In the process of research, using the example of the Lutsk National Technical University, the effectiveness of social networks as a tool for ensuring the communication of education seekers and teachers, as well as the perspective of their application in the context of ensuring a positive image of a higher education institution and forming its informational educational environment, has been proven. Conclusions. The authors of the article state that the unique potential of social networks provides wide opportunities for higher education institutions to promote their educational services among applicants, their parents, domestic and foreign partners. An important condition for the effective promotion of a higher education institution on the Internet is considered to be the correct choice of the most popular social network (or social networks), in accordance with the target audience on which it directs its influence. The authors conclude that modern higher education institutions in the process of forming their informational educational environment and positive image need to interact more actively with the audience of education seekers (future applicants) in social networks, studying its tastes and preferences, thereby determining the most effective approaches to building the institution's online communication policy.
2. Zharska, I.O. (2020). Digital-marketynh zakladiv vyshchoi osvity [Digital marketing of higher education institutions]. Vcheni zapysky Tavriiskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V.I. Vernadskoho. Ser. Ekonomika i upravlinnia – Scientific notes of the Tavria National University named after V.I. Vernadsky. Ser. Economics and Management, 31(70)., issue 6, 106–112 [in Ukrainian].
3. Zharska, I.O. & Zinkovska, D.V. (2015). Vykorystannia Internet-seredovyshcha dlia prosuvannia osvitnikh posluh vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv [Using the Internet environment to promote the educational services of higher education institutions]. Visnyk KNUTD. Ser. Ekonomichni nauky – Bulletin of KNUTD. Ser. Economic Sciences, 1(83). 49–58 [in Ukrainian].
4. Illiashenko, S.M., Shypulina, Yu.S. & Illiashenko, N.S. (2018). Komunikatyvna efektyvnist hrupy u Facebook yak instrumentu prosuvannia vypuskovoi kafedry na rynku naukovo-osvitnikh posluh. [Communicative effectiveness of the Facebook group as a tool to promote the graduating department in the market of scientific and educational services]. Marketynh i tsyfrovi tekhnolohii – Marketing and digital technologies, 2(1), 83–95 [in Ukrainian].
5. Moroz, S.A. & Moroz, V.M. (2016). Nimetska model pidhotovky naukovo-pedahohichnykh kadriv: osoblyvosti rozbudovy ta perspektyvy vykorystannia dlia rozvytku trudovoho potentsialu vitchyznianykh VNZ [German model of training scientific and pedagogical staff: features of development and prospects for using domestic universities for the development of labor potential]. Teoriia i praktyka upravlinnia sotsialnymy systemamy: filosofiia, psykholohiia, pedahohika, sotsiolohiia – Theory and practice of social systems management: philosophy, psychology, pedagogy, sociology, 2 87–96 [in Ukrainian].
6. Yatsyshyn, A.V. (2014). Zastosuvannia virtualnykh sotsialnykh merezh dlia potreb zahalnoi serednoi osvity [The use of virtual social networks for the needs of general secondary education]. Informatsiini tekhnolohii v osviti – Information technology in education, 19, 119–126 [in Ukrainian].
7. Downes Stephen (2012). Connectivism and Connective Knowledge. Essays on meaning and learning networks. Attribution-Non-Commercial Share Alike CC BY-NC-SA.
8. Kemp, S. Digital in 2021. Global Overview Report. We Are Social. URL: https://wearesocial.com/digital-2021.
9. Poplavskyi, M. (2021). Social Networks as a Tool for Higher Education Institutions Promotion (Based on KNUKiM Materials). Ukrainian information space, 1(7), 14–30.
10. Skalalyuk, O. Formation and development of the informational and educationalenvironment of a modern educational institution. Retrieved from http://www.confcontact.com/2014-alyansnauk/pe4_sakalyuk.htm.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.