The Use of Network Services Based on Cloud Technologies in the Virtual Educational Environment of Higher Education Establishment
Today in the digital society it is important to use virtual learning environments in the educational process of both higher and general education establishments, because the education of highly qualified, competent teachers in the digital field, their continuous self-improvement and lifelong learning throughout teaching activities, and the use of telecommunications and digital technologies for improving the learning process together with solving educational problems cannot be realised without the tools of a virtual educational environment. In the educational market of Ukraine, the practice of creating so-called virtual universities, distance learning centers has existed for over a decade, but in recent years education has got more evident features of a virtual environment. The article is devoted to the problems of application of network services on the basis of cloud technologies in the virtual educational environment of a higher education institution. The research purpose is to analyze the educational aspects of the use of modern network services based on cloud technologies in the virtual educational environment of higher education. To achieve these goals, the following research methods were used: analysis of domestic and foreign psychological and pedagogical literature on the research problem, synthesis and comparison. The results. Cloud technologies provide a wide range of educational services for scientific and creative activities of all participants in the educational process. Using cloud technologies students have the opportunity to receive a modern education that meets new technologies and standards. The article highlights educational and practical tasks that can be solved with the help of network services based on cloud technologies, grounding on the needs of the training system. The use of cloud technologies in education allows expanding the scope of e-learning, taking into account the individual characteristics of students᾽ perception of a material and improving the teaching system as a whole. With this approach, education will be available to almost all students, simplify the communication process of all the members of the educational environment, increase the level of savings on educational costs for technical equipment and teaching materials. Conclusions. The use of cloud technologies in the educational process will increase the cognitive interest and activity of students in learning, achieve high academic results and deepen their knowledge in the field of modern information technology. Learning in the information educational environment with the use of cloud technologies will provide an opportunity to organize educational activities of students in accordance with modern requirements and taking into account the effectiveness of innovative technologies in learning. It will be possible to organize the learning process at an accessible level, with developed technical backwardness and methodological base, as well as in accordance with the individual characteristics of students in the framework of learning using modern cloud systems.
2. Zaharova, I.G. (2003). Informatsionnyie tehnologii v obrazovanii [Information technologies in education]. Moskva: Akademiya [in Russian].
3. Zhuk, O. & Sirenko, S. (2011). Virtualnaya obrazovatelnaya sreda vuza kak faktor lichnostno-professionalnogo razvitiya buduschego spetsialista [The virtual educational environment of a university as a factor of personal and professional development of a future specialist]. Pedagogicheskata sreda v universiteta kato prostranstvo za profesionalno-lichnostno razvitie na b᾽deschiya spetsialist – The pedagogical environment at the university is a space for professional and personal development for a visiting specialist, 1. Retrieved from http://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/4979 [in Russian].
4. Krechetnikov, K.G. & Krechetnikova, I.V. Sotsialnyie setevyie servisyi v obrazovanii [Social networking services in education]. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://ido.tsu.ru/ other_res/pdf/3(39)_45.pdf [in Russian].
5. Kryvonos, O.M. & Korotun, O.V. (2015). Zmishane navchannia yak osnova formuvannia IKT kompetentnosti vchytelia [Blended learning as a basis for the formation of ICT teacher competence]. Naukovi zapysky – Scientific notes, 8, 2, 19–23 [in Ukrainian].
6. Lytvynova, S.H. (2014). Poniattia y osnovni kharakterystyky khmaro oriientovanoho navchalnoho seredovyshcha serednoi shkoly [The concept and main characteristics of the cloud-based learning environment of high school]. Informatsiini tekhnolohii i zasoby navchannia – Information technologies and teaching aids, 2 (40), 26–41 [in Ukrainian].
7. Semerikov, S.O., Striuk, M.I. & Moiseienko, N.V. (2012). Mobilne navchannia: istoryko-tekhnolohichnyi vymir [Mobile learning: historical and technological dimension]. Teoriia i praktyka orhanizatsii samostiinoi roboty studentiv vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv – Theory and practice of organization of independent work of students of higher educational institutions, (pp. 188–242). Kryvyi Rih [in Ukrainian].
8. Skurativska, M.O. & Popadiuk, S.S. (2019). Virtualne osvitnie seredovyshche v systemi inshomovnoi pidhotovky suchasnoho zakladu vyshchoi osvity [Virtual educational environment in the system of foreign language training of a modern higher education institution]. Pedahohichni nauky – Pedagogical sciences, LXXXVII, 198–203 [in Ukrainian].
9. Spivak, S.M. (2018). Vykorystannia khmaro oriientovanoho personalizovanoho navchalnoho seredovyshcha v orhanizatsii navchalnoho protsesu [The use of cloud-based personalized learning environment in the organization of the learning process]. Open Educational E-environment of modern university – Open Educational E-environment of modern university, 4, 83–90 [in Ukrainian].
10. Striuk, A.M. & Rassovytska, M.V. (2014). Systema khmaro oriientovanykh zasobiv navchannia yak element informatsiinoho osvitno-naukovoho seredovyshcha VNZ [The system of cloud-based learning tools as an element of the informational educational and scientific environment of the university]. Informatsiini tekhnolohii i zasoby navchannia – Information technologies and teaching aids, 4 (42), 150–158 [in Ukrainian].
11. Shevchuk, L.D. & Shevchuk, B.V. (2020). Vprovadzhennia tsyfrovykh osvitnikh tekhnolohii u pidhotovku maibutnikh uchyteliv v umovakh dystantsiinoho navchannia [Introduction of digital educational technologies in the training of future teachers in the conditions of distance learning].Aktualni pytannia humanitarnykh nauk. Drohobych, (34), T. 5. 255–263. [in Ukrainian].
12. About the Open Course Ware Consortium. MIT Open Course Ware. Ocw.mit.edu. Retrieved from http://ocw.mit.edu/about/ocw-consortium.
13. Bonk, C.J. (2009). The World is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Inc.
14. Etro, F. (2012). The Economics of Cloud Computing. The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics, IX, 2, 7–22. Retrieved from https://ssrn.com/abstract=2018109.
15. Lipeikiene, J. (2003). Virtual Learning Environments as a Supplement to Traditional Teaching. Informatics in Education, 2, 1, 53–64.
16. Miller, M. (2008). Cloud Computing: Web-based applications that change the way you work and collaborate online. Indianapolis.
17. MIT Open Course Ware. Ocw.mit.edu. Retrieved from http://ocw.mit.edu /index.htm.
18. NIST Definition of Cloud Computing vl5. Csrc.nist.gov. Retrieved from http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/SNS/cloud-computing/cloud-def-vl5.doc.
19. Škerlak, T., Kaufmann, H. & Bachmann, G. (2014). Lernumgebungen an der Hochschule auf dem Weg zum Campus von morgen [Learning environments at the university on the way to the campus of tomorrow]. Münster; New York: Waxmann Verlag GmbH.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.