Opportunities for Non-Formal Education for People With Special Educational Needs
The article deals with non-formal education as an environment for expanding the potential of the individual (intellectual, competence, creative, social) and the prospects of obtaining such education by people with special educational needs. The purpose of the article is to reveal the possibilities of non-formal education for people with special educational needs on the basis of the analysis of scientific literature. Methods. To achieve the research goal, the author used such methods as analysis of scientific literature, observation; system analysis, comparative analysis, method of classification, methods of systematization, generalization, logical analysis, analogy, analysis of personal teaching experience in pedagogical higher education establishment, comparison and interpretation of results. The results. Based on the analysis of scientific and methodological literature, it was found that there are a number of basic documents that define equal access to education and guarantee the provision of quality educational services to categories of people with special educational needs. Such documents regulate the issues of providing non-formal education as well. Typical forms of non-formal education are defined as various courses, interest groups and public associations. Today, the forms of non-formal education have also diversified: from traditional lectures and workshops to open educational platforms, dual forms of work (combination of training and professional activities), simulators, volunteer and educational work. Webinars are especially popular as options for free communication with specialists in certain fields, who provide available theoretical material and highlight their practical experience. Conclusions. The article notes that people with special educational needs prefer creative forms of work, because they allow them to reveal individual abilities, but today the boundaries of social realization through non-formal education have significantly expanded. The benefit of the study is that the author stated that non-formal education has unlimited opportunities in this area, which realizes the needs of individuals in acquiring knowledge in a way convenient for them. The most common forms of non-formal education are defined as various courses, webinars, online conferences and seminars, interest groups, public associations, which allows people with special educational needs to join the development of civil society and exercise their rights and freedoms.
2. Vsesvitnya deklaratsiya pro zabezpechennya vyzhyvannya, rozvytku ta zakhystu ditey [World Declaration on the Survival, Development and Protection of Children] (1990). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_075#Text (data zvernennya: 22.09.2021) [in Ukrainian].
3. Devterov, I.V. (2010). Komunikatyvnyi protses i movna sytuatsiia v Interneti [Communicative process and language situation on the Internet]. Almanakh. Filosofski problemy humanitarnykh nauk – Almanac. Philosophical Problems of the Humanities],17, 62-166 [in Ukrainian].
4. Deklaratsiya prav dytyny (1959) [Declaration of the Rights of the Child]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_384#Text [in Ukrainian].
5. Deklaratsiia sotsialnoho prohresu (1969) [Declaration of Social Progress]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_116#Text [in Ukrainian].
6. Deklaratsiya pro prava rozumovo vidstalykh osib (1971) [Declaration on the Rights of Mentally Retarded Persons]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_119#Text [in Ukrainian].
7. Deklaratsiya pro prava osib z invalidnistyu (1975) [Declaration on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_117#Text [in Ukrainian].
8. Konventsiya OON pro prava dytyny (1989) [UN Convention on the Rights of the Child]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_021#Text [in Ukrainian].
9. Konventsiya pro prava osib z invalidnistyu (2006) [Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_g71#Text [in Ukrainian].
10. Pro pryntsypy zakhystu psykhichno khvorykh ta polipshennya psykhiatrychnoyi dopomohy (1992) [On the principles of protection of the mentally ill persons and improvement of psychiatric care]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_905#Text [in Ukrainian].
11. Salamanska deklaratsiia ta Ramky dii shchodo osvity osib z osoblyvymy potrebamy (1994) [Salamanca Statement and Framework for Action on Special Needs Education]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_001-94#Text [in Ukrainian].
12. Sihayeva, L.YE. (2010). Rozvytok osvity doroslykh v Ukrayini (druha polovyna ХХ st. – pochatok ХХІ st.: monohrafiia [Development of adult education in Ukraine (second half of the XX century – beginning of the XXI century)]. Kyiv: TOV VD «EKMO» [in Ukrainian].
13. Standartni pravyla zabezpechennya rivnykh mozhlyvostey dlya osib z invalidnistyu (1994) [Standard Rules on the Equalization of Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_306#Text [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.