Creation of Webquest as a Form of Development of Students Digital Competence
The introduction to the article analyzes the current state of implementation of digital learning tools, including web quests. The main purpose of the study was the theoretical justification and practical process of introduction of digital learning tools (webquests) in the process of higher education seekers training. The research methods. In the process of fulfilling the research objective, theoretical and practical methods of data search and processing were applied. Statistical methods were also used at all stages of the pedagogical experiment: in the general assessment of the formation of digital project activities of students; when creating web pages by students of the Faculty of Foreign Languages and the Faculty of History of V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University; when creating web-quests by each group of students while studying content modules. The results. The means of digital content in the implementation of project-digital activities by students were presented and analyzed, they are creating a website, using mobile-digital applications, developing multimedia materials for the educational process, developing and presenting digital pedagogical content. During the study, students created a website and developed a webquest «Non-standard lessons» for students and young teachers (creating a mental map «Characteristics of varieties of non-standard lessons»; identifying the main differences between standard and non-standard lessons using Euler-Venn’s diagram; creating «Daily rules of effective pedagogy» and placing them on the online board). The formation of students' digital competence by means of project-digital activity was checked at three levels (high, medium, low) and by the following criteria: motivational, semantic, activity and reflection. It was stated that the experimental verification of the formation of digital competence of humanities students by means of project-digital activities showed a positive dynamics in all criteria. Conclusions. The authors concluded that a project-digital activity served as an effective way to improve the digital competence of higher education students, this practice in the educational process would help their future professional activities as teachers. It was also emphasized that the role of digital technologies will continue to grow and higher education seekers should understand how to use them for educational purposes.
2. Veb-kvest z pedahohiky «Nestandartni uroky»[Web-quest on pedagogy «Non-standard lessons»], (2020). Retrieved from https://sites.google.com/view/veb-kvest-nestandartni-urori/%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0% B2%D0%BD%D0%B0 [in Ukrainian].
3. Vechtomov. E. M. (2018). Matematika: logika, teoriya mnozhestv i kombínatorika [Mathematics: logic, set theory and combinatorics]. Moscow: Yurayt Publishing House [in Russian].
4. Zhernovnykova, O. A., Peretiaha, L. Y., Kovtun, A. V., Korduban, M. V., Nalyvaiko, O. O., & Nalyvaiko, N. A. (2020). Tekhnolohiia formuvannia tsyfrovoi kompetentnosti maibutnikh uchyteliv zasobamy heimifikatsii [The Technology of Prospective Teachers’ Digital Competence Formation by Means of Gamification]. Informatsiini tekhnolohii i zasoby navchannia – Information Technologies and Learning Tools, 75(1), 170-185. https://doi.org/10.33407/itlt.v75i1.3036 [in Ukrainian].
5. Zhukova, O. A. (2010). Ihrovyi proekt yak netradytsiina forma provedennia praktychnykh zaniat u VNZ [Game project as a non-traditional form of conducting practical classes at the university]. Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University Military Institute Collection of scientific works, 25, 231-237 [in Ukrainian].
6. Zhukova, O. A. (2012). Pidhotovka studentiv VNZ do innovatsiynoyi diyalʹnosti zasobamy ihrovykh tekhnolohiy [Training students of higher education establishments for innovative activities by means of game technologies]. Scientific Notes of the Pedagogical Department, 29. 44-51[in Ukrainian].
7. Kirilenko, N. M. (2007). Kompiuterna dydaktychna hra yak komponent osvitnoho prostoru [Computer didactic game as a component of educational space]. Collection of scientific works «Pedagogical Sciences», (46), 396-399.
8. Machynska, N. I. (2011). Vprovadzhennia ihrovykh tekhnolohii navchannia u praktyku pidhotovky maibutnikh mahistriv [Introduction of game learning technologies in the practice of training future masters]. Scientific works [Petro Mohyla Black Sea State University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy]. Series: Pedagogy, 158(146), 18-22 [in Ukrainian].
9. Nalyvaiko, O. (2021). Model proektnoi diialnosti zdobuvachiv osvity v tsyfrovomu prostori na prykladi dystsyplin pedahohichnoho tsyklu [Model of Students’ Project Activity in the Digital Space on the Example of Disciplines of the Pedagogical Cycle]. Electronic Scientific Professional Journal «Open Educational E-Environment of Modern University», (10), 166-179. https://doi.org/10.28925/2414-0325.2021.1014 [in Ukrainian].
10. Nalyvaiko, O. (2019). Stop motion proekty yak zasib formuvannia tsyfrovoi kompetentnosti zdobuvacha osvity [Stop motion projects as a means of the formation students digital competence]. Scientific Notes of the Pedagogical Department, 1(45), 13-20. https://doi.org/10.26565/2074-8167-2019-45-02 [in Ukrainian].
11. Khomiuk, I. V., Petruk, V. A., & Khomiuk, V. V. (2013). Vprovadzhennia interaktyvnykh tekhnolohii u protses vykladannia fundamentalnykh dystsyplin u tekhnichnomu VNZ [Introduction of interactive technologies in the process of teaching fundamental disciplines in technical universities]. Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University Military Institute Collection of scientific works, (41), 81-85 [in Ukrainian].
12. Bardus, I., Herasymenko, Y., Nalyvaiko, O., Rozumna, T., Vaseiko, Y., & Pozdniakova, V. (2021). Organization of Foreign Languages Blended Learning in COVID-19 Conditions by Means of Mobile Applications. Revista Romaneasca pentru Educatie Multidimensionala, 13(2), 268-287.https://doi.org/10.18662/rrem/13.2/421
13. Brown, H.J. (2008). Videogames and Education (1st ed.). Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315698373
14. Farrand, P., Fearzana, H. & Hennessy, E. (2002). The Efficacy of the «Mindmap» Study Technique. Medical Education. 36, 426-431.
15. Harris, C., Ravenswood, K., & Myers, B. (2014). The quest games: A tale of career advancement. Journal of Corporate Citizenship, (54), 61-74.
16. Hillmayr, D., Ziernwald, L., Reinhold, F., Hofer, S. I., & Reiss, K. M. (2020). The potential of digital tools to enhance mathematics and science learning in secondary schools: A context-specific meta-analysis. Computers & Education, 153, 103897.
17. Small, S., Stromer-Galley, J., & Strzalkowski, T. (2011, June). Multi-modal annotation of quest games in Second Life. In Proceedings of the 49th annual meeting of the association for computational linguistics: human language technologies (pp. 171-179).
18. Sousa, M. J., Cruz, R., & Martins, J. M. (2017). Digital learning methodologies and tools–a literature review. Edulearn17 Proceedings, 5185-5192.
19. The check list for teachers (2018). Retrieved from http://osnova.com.ua/news/803-%D0%9F%D0%B0%D0%BC%E2%80%99%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%B8_%D0%BF%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%B0
20. Udovychenko O., Chkana Ya., Yurchenko A., Khvorostina Yu. (2019). Introduction of didactic games in the educational process. Physical and Mathematical Education, 4(22). Рart 2. 7-11.
21. Zakirova, F., & Karshiyeva, D. (2020) The Importance of Quest Technology and its Application in Education. JournalNX-A Multidisciplinary Peer Reviewed Journal, 1318-1321.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.