Educational Potential of Folk-Stage Dance in Educational Institutions of the People's Republic of China
The article is devoted to the educational potential of folk dance stage adaptation in educational institutions of the People's Republic of China. The purpose of the article is to identify and analyze the educational potential of folk-stage dance in educational institutions of the People's Republic of China. In the article, on the basis of theoretical (study, analysis and generalization of pedagogical literature for comparing and contrasting different views on the selected problem, consideration of theoretical issues in order to determine the basic concepts) and systemic (abstraction and concretization for mentally highlighting a certain property or feature of the subject of research with the aim of more deep study of it and the provision of the subject of concrete expression) research methods the educational potential of folk dance stage adaptation in educational institutions of the People's Republic of China (PRC) was identified and analyzed. The results. Teaching choreographic art in the PRC involves the implementation of students' own potentials in folk art and communication, the formation of needs for positive self-realization. In this regard, the author presents four stages of educating the student’s personality in folk-stage dance classes in educational institutions of the PRC:
- the formation of schoolchildren value orientation in the process of their awareness of the goals of folk stage dance adaptation (during choreography classes, namely artistic and stage dance, children values are formed reflecting the value attitude to themselves, to the country in which they live and to other nationalities and states, to labor, history and traditions);
- the assimilation of social experience, knowledge, values of universal and national culture through folk-stage dancing classes (Chinese folk-stage dances are valued all over the world because of the exemplary imitation of national traditions and experience, which makes them identical with authentic, folklore and folk dances);
- the formation of individual’s views, beliefs, attitudes to the norms, rules of behavior in the process of preparing and performing folk dance stage adaptation (the traditions laid down in the folk stage dances of the PRC presuppose strict adherence to the norms and rules of behavior that form young dancers’ feelings like respect, honor, devotion, which are traditional for Chinese people);
- the stimulation of students to self-improvement by means of folk-stage dance (through folk-stage dances, the individual’s self-knowledge of both its physical endurance and moral stamina is realized contributing to constant self-improvement).
The authors concluded that folk-stage dance is bright, expressive and attractive event that arouses the interest of people of all ages, and due to its deep philosophical content it is considered to be effective means of educating students.
2. Melnichuk, S.G. (2012). Pedahohika (Teoriia vykhovannia) [Pedagogy (Theory of education)]. Kyiv: Slovo Publishing House [in Ukrainian].
3. Kutsenko, S. (2015). Narodno-stsenichnyi tanets yak zasib formuvannia tvorchoho potentsialu maibutnoho vchytelia khoreohrafii [Folk-stage dance as a means of forming the creative potential of the future teacher of choreography]. Problemy pidhotovky suchasnoho vchytelia – Problems of modern teacher training, 12, 168-177 [in Ukrainian].
4. Sharykov, D. (2014) Stylistychni riznovydy narodnoho tantsiu v sviti. [Stylistic varieties of folk dance in the world]. Visnyk Lvivskoho universytetu. Seriia mystetstvo – Bulletin of Lviv University. A series of art, 14, 110–119 [in Ukrainian].
5. Zhang Yutong, Xu Wan Lin. (2017). Kitajskij narodnyj tanec kak sredstvo priobshcheniya k velikoj kitajskoj kul'ture [Chinese folk dance as a means of joining the great Chinese culture]. Mir nauki, kul'tury, obrazovaniya – The world of science, culture, education, 5(66), 206-207 [in Russian].
6. Liu, Yin. (2011). Harakternye cherty kitajskih narodnyh tancev [Characteristic features of Chinese folk dances]. Nauka i sovremennost' – Science and modernity. Retrieved from https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/harakternye-cherty-kitayskih-narodnyh-tantsev/viewer [in Russian].
7. Zuo, Jiazhen. (2017). Emocional'naya vyrazitel'nost' v kitajskom narodnom tance [Emotional expressiveness in Chinese folk dance] Mir nauki, kul'tury, obrazovaniya – The world of science, culture, education, 5 (66), 201-204 [in Russian].
8. Wei, Li Li. (2017). Formirovanie patriotizma shkol'nikov sredstvami horeograficheskogo iskusstva v Kitae [Formation of patriotism of schoolchildren by means of choreographic art in China]. Mir nauki, kul'tury, obrazovaniya – The world of science, culture, education, 5 (66), 185-186 [in Russian].
9. Maksymenko, A.I. (2014). Khoreohrafichna osvita v Kytai: tradytsii ta suchasnist[Choreographic education in China: traditions and modernity]. Aktualni pytannia mystetskoi osvity ta vykhovannia – Current issues of art education and upbringing, 1–2 (3–4), 105-113 [in Ukrainian].
10. Troielnikova, L. (2010). Khudozhnie vykhovannia v Yaponii ta Kytai: natsionalni tradytsii ta suchasna spetsyfika [Art education in Japan and China: national traditions and modern specifics]. Visnyk Natsionalnoi akademii kerivnykh kadriv kultury i mystetstv – Bulletin of the National Academy of Management of Culture and Arts, 1, 79-84 [in Ukrainian].
11. Bashkir, O.I. (2020). Informatyzatsiia yak vymoha rozvytku osvity KNR [Informatization as a requirement for the development of education in China]. Naukovyi chasopys natsionalnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni M. P. Drahomanova. Seriia 5. Pedahohichni nauky: realii ta perspektyvy – Scientific journal of M.P. Dragomanov National Pedagogical University. Series 5. Pedagogical sciences: Realities and Perspectives, 72(1), 60-64. Retrieved from http://enpuir.npu.edu.ua/handle/123456789/29901 [in Ukrainian].
12. Razumenko T.O. (2016) Rol tantsiuvalnykh tradytsii u patriotychnomu vykhovanni molodi na prykladi Ukrainy ta KNR [The role of dance traditions in the patriotic education of youth on the example of Ukraine and China]. Pedahohika ta psykholohiia – Pedagogy and psychology, 54, 107-118. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/znpkhnpu_ped_2016_54_14 [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.