Development of Higher Education Seekers’ Soft Skills in the Context of Sociocultural Communication
The article is devoted to the question of defining the role of soft skills in the successful professional growth of specialists in information, library and archival affairs in the sociocultural communication context. The purpose of the article is to define the role of higher education seeker’s soft skills in its professional growth and to offer effective forms and methods of their formation. The research methods are the methods of analysis and generalization of scientific and pedagogical, scientific and methodical literature, normative documents; the methods of synthesis and generalization used with the purpose of theoretical and practical substantiation of the presented forms and methods of soft skills formation for prospective specialists in information, library and archival affairs; the empirical methods, classification and systematization, used for summarizing observations and theoretical positions. The results. The importance of specialists’ soft skills as important components of their functional literacy in any field of activity is substantiated. Functional literacy is the individual’s ability to understand and expediently use the variety of information in new socio-economic conditions in order to carry out successful professional activities. The key components of functional literacy are identified as social behavior, knowledge of language and culture, mastery of modern technologies. The authors considered the essence of the leading feature of a competitive specialist, namely an emotional intellect, which includes perception (at first individuals must recognize their own emotions and be able to manage them), understanding (the ability to identify the causes of emergence of certain emotions), management (involves the ability to manage emotions, direct them for solving the tasks necessary for successful activities), and use (forms the creativity, individuality of a person). The main groups of soft skills are defined: basic communication soft skills; self-management; effective thinking; management skills and relevant general and professional competencies that form these skills in future professionals in information, library and archival affairs. The authors presented the methods necessary for forming soft skills for specialists in information, library and archival affairs and which had been applied in practical classes in special disciplines. Interactive methods, in particular work in pairs, business games, master-classes, case-technologies, trainings, videoconferences, project method, are believed to be productive. Conclusions. The authors concluded that the formation of soft skills is crucial in the professional growth of professionals; the offered forms and methods of soft skills formation are based on real life scenarios and the gained experience in the course of training that causes an effective sociocultural communication in the further professional activity.
2. Vysotska, O. E. (2009). Komunikatsiia yak osnova sotsialnykh peretvoren (u konteksti stanovlennia postmodernoho suspilstva). [Communication as the basis of social transformations (in the context of the formation of postmodern society)]. monohrafiia. Dnipropetrovsk: Innovatsiia [in Ukrainian].
3. Hlazunova, O. H., Voloshyna, T. V. Rozvytok Soft Skilz u maibutnikh fakhivtsiv z informatsiinykh tekhnolohii zasobamy hibrydnoho informatsiino-osvitnoho seredovyshcha universytetu [Development of Soft Skills in the future specialists in information technologies by means of the hybrid information and educational environment of the University]. Innovatsiini kompiuterni tekhnolohii u vyshchii shkoli : materialy 8-oi Naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii – Innovative computer technologies in higher education: materials of the 8th Scientific-practical conference. (pp. 61-69). Lviv [in Ukrainian].
4. Drozdova, J. V. & Dubinina, O.V. (2020). Konceptualni pidhody do vyznachennia «soft skills» u suchasnyh osvitnih ta profesijnyh modelah [Conceptual approaches to defining soft skills in current educational and professional models]. Kiev [in Ukrainian].
5. Zinchenko, A. H., Saprykina, M. A. (2016). Navychky dla Ukrainy 2030: poglad na biznes [Skills for Ukraine 2030: a look at business]. Kiev. [in Ukrainian].
6. Koval, K. O. (2015). Rozvytok «soft skills» u studentiv – odyn z vazhlyvishykh chynnykiv pratsevlashtuvannia. [Development of students’ soft skills is one of the important factors of employment]. Visnyk Vinnytskoho politekhnichnoho universytetu – Bulletin of Vinnitsa Polytechnic Institute, 2, 162–167 [in Ukrainian].
7. Lobodyns'ka, O. M. & Grydzuk, O. E. (2020). Formuvannia socialnyh navychok studentiv: problemy i perspektyvy [Formation of social skills of students: problems and prospects]. Naukovyy visnyk NLTU Ukrayiny: zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ – Scientific Bulletin of NLTU of Ukraine: a collection of scientific works, 30, 3, 116–121 [in Ukrainian].
8. Orlyk, S. V. & Stezhko, Z.V. (2021). Pablik rileyshnz yak sfera profesiynoyi diyalʹnosti v Ukrayini [Public relations as a field of professional activity in Ukraine]. Sotsium. Dokument. Komunikatsiia – Society. Document. Communication, 11, 348–367 [in Ukrainian].
9. Prudnykova, O.V. (2013) Sotsiokulturna komunikatsiia v konteksti stanovlennia ta rozvytku informatsiinoi kultury [Socio-cultural communication in the context of formation and development of information culture]. Politolohichnyi visnyk – Politology Bulletin. 2013. Vyp. 70. S. 123–132. [in Ukrainian] Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Pv_2013_70_13.
10. Rakityanska, L. (2018). Stanovlenna ta rozvytok ponyattya «emotsiynyi intelekt»: istoryko-filosofskyi analiz. [Formation and development of the concept of «emotional іntelligence»: historical and philosophical analysis]. Kiev. [in Ukrainian].
11. Solianyk, A. (2018). Innovatsiini kryterii rezultatyvnosti stupenevoi pidhotovky fakhivtsiv zi spetsialnosti 029 «Informatsiina, bibliotechna ta arkhivna sprava» [Innovative criteria for the effectiveness of degree training of specialists in the specialty 029 «Information, library and archival affairs»]. Ukrainskyi zhurnal z bibliotekoznavstva ta informatsiinykh nauk – Ukrainian Journal of Library Science and Information Sciences, 1, 64–75 [in Ukrainian].
12. Standart vyshchoi osvity Ukrainy za spetsialnistiu 029 «Informatsiina, bibliotechna ta arkhivna sprava» haluzi znan 02 «Kultura i mystetstvo» dlia pershoho (bakalavrskoho) rivnia vyshchoi osvity: Nakaz Ministerstva osvity i nauky Ukrayiny vid 12.12.2018 r. №1376. – Standard of higher education of Ukraine in specialty 029 «Information, library and archival affairs» in the field of knowledge 02 «Culture and Art» for the first (bachelor's) level of higher education: Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from 12.12.2018 №1376. Retrieved from https://mon.gov.ua/storage/app/media/vishcha-osvita/zatverdzeni%20standarty/2021/07/28/029-Inform.bibliot.ta.arkh.spr-bakalavr.28.07.pdf: [in Ukrainian].
13. Europe Direct is a service to help you find answers to your questions about the European Union. Retrieved from http://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/britishcouncil.uk2/files/youth-in-action-keycomp-en.pdf [in English].
14. Yaskevich, Ya.S. (2016). Sotsialnaya kommunikatsiya kak nauka i spetsialnost: stanovlenie, dinamika, status [Social communication as a science and specialty: formation, dynamics, status]. Filosofiya i sotsialnyie nauki – Philosophy and Social Sciences, 3, 38-44 [in Russian].
15. Mayer, J. D. & Salovey, P. (1993). The intelligence of emotional intelligence. Intelligence, 17(4), 433-442 [in English].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.