Psychological and Pedagogical Characteristics and Functions of the Future Junior Bachelors-Journalists’ Image
The author summarizes the views of scientists on the essence of the scientific definition of the «image» in the context of pedagogical imageology. The purpose of the article is aimed at the theoretical substantiation of the essence of the scientific definition of "image" and the disclosure of the feasibility of its formation and coverage of the semantic characteristics and functional spectrum of the image. A set of theoretical methods was used to achieve this goal, namely: system-structural analysis and systematization of psychological and pedagogical developments; comparative pedagogical analysis and synthesis, deduction and induction, classification and generalization. The results. It is found that from the psychological and pedagogical point of view, the study of the professional and personal image is carried out during: analysis of political image; determination of psychological mechanisms of its formation; research of socio-cultural aspect of the image of the future specialist; the analysis of the practical principles of an image. Based on the generalization of the positions of scientists, it is established that an image plays an important role in the professional activities of future junior bachelors-journalists. The article presents that the professional image has a psychotherapeutic effect for a future journalist. It provides sociability, responsibility, professional confidence, social activity, diplomacy, reflectivity. The article contains a list of contradictions that are resolved during the formation of students majoring in 061 Image Journalism. The author interprets the image as a complex socio-psychological-pedagogical phenomenon, that the individual forms purposefully with the view to emotional and psychological influence and creating others’ impressions and opinions about the bearer of this image. The main semantic characteristics of the image are analyzed, namely: it is formed purposefully and has a specific addressee and the ultimate goal; it is recognized as an image-stereotype used as a «business» image of the individual. It is behavioral by nature and is formed in the process of practical activities. It covers the external component and elements of self-presentation and presentation. It involves a close relationship and interaction between an individual and a group image. It covers the emphasis on specific features that are characteristic of the representative of a particular profession. It depends on the characteristics of a particular society (its values, norms, traditions, attitudes). Conclusions. Based on the generalization of scientific information, the main functions of the image are characterized, which include the following: firstly, the image must have a certain expression, which is subject to a specific goal and corresponds to the real strategy; secondly, it must position a particular organization or leader in front of the target audience; thirdly, the image should motivate the individual to take an active action. In the psychological and pedagogical fields, the practical activities of college teachers in the formation of future journalists' professional image are focused on the development of the flexibility of thinking, creativity, originality and intuition.
2. Zinchenko, V. (2008) Imidzh uchytelia, abo psykholohiia odiahu [Teacher image, or clothing psychology]. Vidkrytyi urok: Rozrobky. Tekhnolohii. Dosvid – Open lesson: Developments. Technologies. Experience, 4, 85–86. [in Ukrainian].
3. Kalyuzhnyj, A. A. (2004). Psihologiya formirovaniya imidzha uchitelya [Psychology of the teacher's image formation]. Moscow [In Russian].
4. Penkova, O. (2002). Problema imidzhu: sotsiokulturnyi i psykholoho-pedahohichnyi aspekty [The problem of image: socio-cultural and psychological-pedagogical aspects]. Ridna shkola – Native School, 6, 47–48 [in Ukrainian].
5. Pochepcov, G. (1997) Imidzh: ot faraonov do prezidentov. Stroitel'stvo voobrazhaemyh mirov v mife, skazke, anekdote, reklame, propagande i pablik rilejshinz [Image: from Pharaohs to Presidents. Construction of imaginary worlds in myth, fairy tale, anecdote, advertising, propaganda and public relations]. Kyiv : ADEF-Ukraina [In Russian].
6. Romanenko, O. V. (2014). Naukovi zasady vyvchennia imidzhu yak psykholohichnoi katehorii [Scientific principles of studying image as a psychological category]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu oborony Ukrainy – Visnyk National Defence Unuversity of Ukraine, 4 (41), 293–298. [in Ukrainian].
7. Soroka, O. V. (2016). Osoblyvosti formuvannia profesiinoho imidzhu maibutnikh sotsialnykh pratsivnykiv [Features of formation of professional image of future social workers]. In Sadowskiej E. & Dasal M. (Eds.) Formy I metody pracy z uczniem ze specjalnymi potrzebami edikacyjnymi. Czestochowa, VI, 91–95 [in Ukrainian].
8. Khomulenko T. B., Padafet Yu. H., Skorynina O. V. (2005) Teoretychni ta praktychni aspekty doslidzhennia imidzhu: Monohrafiia. [Theoretical and practical aspects of image research: Monograph]. Kh., 272. [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.