Methodological Fundamentals of the System of Translation Specialists’ Training in Higher Education Institutions on the Basis of Integration
The article highlights the approaches to the effective training of a professional translator. The purpose of the article is to describe the features of translation specialists’ training at higher educational institutions, the methodological principles and approaches of the system of translation specialists’ training at higher educational institutions. Methods. The study involves the use of integration analysis methods during learning students, a set of interrelated methods: theoretical analysis, comparison and generalization of scientific sources on the research problem; systematization, classification, experts’ assessments, etc. The results. It is determined that the following approaches necessary for professional training of a professional translator in higher school are: methodological approach; systematic approach; competency approach; axiological approach; acmeological approach; activity approach; synergetic approach and linguopsychological approach. The proposed scientific approaches to improving the professional future translators’ training outline a wide range of different aspects of students' readiness for professional activity in the field of translation. It is proved that in the future translation specialists’ training it is necessary to choose the principles of training taking into account that the methodological principles should correspond to the goals of training and that the methodological principles should be based on the concepts of training methods. Conclusions. It is found that the main principles for the training of translation specialists should be considered general didactic principles (principles of consciousness, clarity, strength, scientificity, emotionality, cognition, systematicity and consistency) and specific principles (intercultural communication, roleplaying, clarity, interdisciplinary connections and language competence). The benefit of the study is that the specific principles that determine the requirements for the organization of future translators’ training process are substantiated. The implementation of these principles can ensure the successful achievement of learning objectives, contributing to the intensification, productivity, efficiency and rationalization of forming the future translation specialists’ receptive language competencies.
2. Балл, Г. О. et al. (2001). Психологія праці та професійної підготовки особистості [Psychology of labour and vocational training]: Хмельницький: «Універ» [in Ukrainian].
3. GalperIn, P. Ya. (1966). Psihologiya myishleniya i uchenie o poetapnom formirovanii umstvennyih deystviy [Psychology of thinking and the doctrine of the gradual formation of mental actions]. In E.V. Schorohovoy (Ed.) Issledovaniya myishleniya v sovetskoy psihologii [Research on thinking in Soviet psychology]. (pp. 259-276). Moskva: «Nauka» [in Russian].
4. Kolodii, I. A. (2009). Aspekty formuvannia intehralnoi profesiinoi kompetentnosti u maibutnikh perekladachiv aviatsiinoi haluzi [Aspects of the forming the future aviation translators integrated professional competence]. Visnyk pisliadyplomnoi osvity – Bulletin of postgraduate education, 11(1), 112?118. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Vpo_2009_11%281%29__16 [in Ukrainian].
5. Panzyha, O. M. (2014). Realizatsiia dydaktychnykh i metodychnykh pryntsypiv u protsesi formuvannia retseptyvnykh movnykh kompetentnostei druhoi inozemnoi movy u maibutnikh uchyteliv [Realization of didactic and methodological principles in the forming future teachers receptive linguistic competences of second foreign language]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho linhvistychnoho universytetu. Ser. : Pedahohika ta psykholohiia – Visnyk of Kyiv National Linguistic University. Ser. : Pedagogy and psychology, 23, 129–138 [in Ukrainian].
6. Romanyshyna, L. M., Ostrovska, N. D. & Marchyshyn, S. M. (2010). Teoretychni osnovy neperervnoi profesiinoi pidhotovky fakhivtsiv u vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladakh [Theoretical bases of continuous professional training of specialists in higher educational institutions] Visnyk Natsionalnoi akademii Derzhavnoi prykordonnoi sluzhby Ukrainy – Bulletin of the National Academy of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine (Vol. 5). Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Vnadps_2010_5_14 [in Ukrainian].
7. Tsvilling, M. Ya. (1998). Professionalnyie trebovaniya k lichnosti perevodchika i obuchenie perevodu [Professional requirements for the personality of the translator and translation training]. Informatsionno-kommunikativnyie aspektyi perevoda – Information and communication aspects of translation]. (Part ІІ, pp. 141‒150). Nizhniy Novgorod : NGLU [in Russian].
8. Tsyhan, L. V. (2013). Pryntsypy navchannia maibutnikh filolohiv usnoho perekladu [Principles of teaching interpretation to prospective intepreters]. Visnyk Chernihivskoho natsionalnoho pedahohichnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu – Bulletin of the Chernihiv National Pedagogical University, 111, 373–375 [in Ukrainian].
9. Davіson, D., Kenneth, M. & Dixie, M. (1995). What Does Іntegratіon of Scіence and Mathematіcs Really Mean?. School Science and Mathematics. Vol. 95. Р. 226–230.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.