Technology of Formation of Future Skippers’ Readiness for Ecological Responsibility
The introduction to the article analyzes the problem of forming the readiness of future ship drivers. The main purpose of the study is the theoretical justification of the technology of formation of future skippers’ readiness for ecological responsibility. Methods. To achieve this goal, the analysis and synthesis of search results in information systems to determine the basic concepts of the study; methods of expert evaluation, testing, questionnaires, observation, modeling, forecasting have been used. The results. The article defines the essence of the concept of « ecological responsibility» as a moral quality of the future ship driver, formed in the process of professional training, which is manifested in the humane and rational attitude of the individual to the marine and river environment, and implemented in everyday professional activities. It is defined that the structure of ecological responsibility contains motivational, content-operational and evaluation-performance components. The specifics of formation of future skippers’ ecological responsibility in the process of their professional training are determined, on the basis of which the technology is developed as the one containing the following components: target (contains set of the purposes of forming ecological responsibility); semantic (based on humanization, fundamentalization, greening and interdisciplinary unity of natural sciences and humanities, it forms a modern picture of the world in the future skippers’ minds), operational (conditions, forms, methods, means of forming ecological responsibility); diagnostic (methods of determining the level of forming the future skippers’ ecological responsibility in the training process). The formation of future skippers’ ecological responsibility was tested at three levels (high, medium, low) and the following criteria: emotional value, informational, activity. Conclusions. The author concludes that the formation of future ship drivers’ ecological responsibility in the process of professional training is one of the most important components of skippers’ professional training.
2. Boichuk, Yu. D., Soloshenko, E. M. & Buhai, O. V. (2007). Ekolohіia і okhorona navkolyshnoho seredovyshcha [Ecology and environmental protection]. Sumy : VTD «Unіversytetska knyha» [in Ukraine].
3. Vasiukova, H. T. & Yarosheva, O. I. (2009). Ekolohіia [Ecology]. Kyiv: Kondor [in Ukraine].
4. Busel V. T. (Ed.). (2005). Velykyi tlumachnyi slovnyk suchasnoi ukrainskoi movy [Large explanatory dictionary of the modern Ukrainian language]. Kyiv - Irpіn: VTF «Perun» [in Ukraine].
5. Honcharenko, S. (1997). Ukrainskyi pedahohіchnyi slovnyk [Ukrainian pedagogical dictionary]. Kyiv : Lybіd [in Ukraine].
6. Kyselov, M. M. (2005). Ekolohіchna svіdomіst yak fenomen osvіtianskoho protsesu [Ecological consciousness as a phenomenon of the educational process]. Filosofska dumka – Philosophical thought, 2, 130–149 [in Ukraine].
7. Kmets, A. M. (2001). Ekolohіchna svіdomіst maibutnіkh uchytelіv : problemy, zmіst, typolohіia [Ecological consciousness of future teachers: problems, content, typology]. Vyshcha osvita Ukrainy – Higher education in Ukraine, 2, 96–99 [in Ukraine].
8. Nabochuk, O. Yu. (2014). Ekolohіchna svіdomіst yak mekhanіzm formuvannia unіversalnoi zahalnoliudskoi ekolohіchnoi kultury [Ecological consciousness as a mechanism of formation of universal panhuman ecological culture]. Hlobalni, rehionalni ta informatsiini aspekty – Educational space. Global, regional and information aspects, 15, 177–180 [in Ukraine].
9. Osvіtno-profesіina prohrama (2017) (tymchasova do vvedennia v dіiu standartu vyshchoi osvіty. Pershyi bakalavrskyi rіven vyshchoi osvіty haluzі znan 27 «Rіchkovyi transport», spetsіalnіst 271 «Rіchkovyi ta morskyi transport», spetsіalіzatsіi «Sudnovodіnnia», «Ekspluatatsіia sudnovykh enerhetychnykh ustanovok», «Ekspluatatsіia sudnovoho elektroobladnannia і zasobіv avtomatyky» [Educational-professional program (temporary until the introduction of the standard of higher education. The first bachelor's level of higher education in the field of knowledge 27 «River transport», specialty 271 «River and sea transport», specializations «Navigation», «Operation of ship power plants», «Operation of marine electrical equipment and automation»]. Kherson : Khersonska derzhavna morska akademіia [in Ukraine].
10. Alba Hidalgo, D., López Álvarez, N. & Ysern Comas, P. (2012). Sustainability and social responsibility strategies at Spanish Universities: An assessment tool. Profesorado, 16(2), 59–75.
11. Tilbury, D. (2004). Rising to the challenge: Education for sustainability in Australia. Australian Journal of Environmental Education, 20(2), 103–114.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.