Development of preschoolers’ musical abilities by means of the K. Orff's method: theoretical aspects
The article reveals the problem of forming a comprehensively developed child’s personality by means of musical art. The development of the child, his or her formation as a person is a significant problem of preschool education. One of the ways to achieve this goal is to involve children in the process of music education, which has a great impact on child development. The purpose of the article is to reveal the influence of the Karl Orff’s concept of music education on the preschoolers’ musical abilities. Research methods at the scientific and theoretical level include: method of analysis – the analysis of scientific and methodological literature, methods of teaching music, methods of synthesis and generalization; system analysis – to display the basic components of the methodology.
The results. On the basis of the conducted analysis, the principles of the pedagogical approach of Karl Orff and features of aesthetic education of children in the conditions of the given system were defined. Since preschool education requires new approaches in the context of the development of preschoolers by means of musical art, it is advisable to introduce the K. Orff’s method in the educational process of preschool institution. Moreover it is proved that the presence of music in the educational process opens opportunities for the harmonious development of preschool children. K. Orff’s musical and pedagogical approach is a concentrated carrier of the ideas of humanistic pedagogy, pedagogy of the freedom of creative personality.
Conclusions. K. Orff’s method is spreading and influencing the music education of Ukraine, involving Ukrainian culture in the educational process, using folk and children’s songs, elementary music, which is an act of elementary self-expression, to which man is adapted by nature. Consequently, the K. Orff’s methods is universal, flexible and open, which allows us to combine its principles with various methods of music education, which is spread and successfully used in preschool institution; and the creation of special pedagogical conditions, the use of aesthetic techniques and musical means in the classroom with the active participation of children helps them to keep the dominance of positive emotions, significantly increases motivation for learning and music, has an effective impact on motor, speech, communication and psychological development.
2. Barenboym L. A. (1978). Elementarnoye muzykal'noye vospitaniye po sisteme Karla Orfa [Elementary music education according to the system of Karl Orff]. Москва : Sovetskiy kompozitor [in Russia].
3. Zatsepina M. B. (2009). Rol' N. A. Vetluginoy i A. V. Keneman v stanovlenii i razvitii teorii khudozhestvennogo i esteticheskogo vospitaniya deteyт [The role of N. A. Vetlugina and A. V. Keneman in the formation and development of the theory of artistic and aesthetic education of children]. Sovremennoye doshkol'noye obrazovaniye: teoriya i praktika – Modern preschool education: theory and practice. 5. 23-25 [in Ukraine].
4. Oleksyuk O. (2006). Muzychna pedahohika [Musical pedagogy]. Kyiv : KNUKіM [in Ukraine].
5. Padalka H. (2008). Pedahohika mystetstva (teoriya i metodyka vykladannya mystetsʹkykh dystsyplin) [Pedagogy of art (theory and methods of teaching art disciplines)]. Kyiv : Osvita Ukrayiny [in Ukraine].
6. Rostovsʹkyy O. (2011). Teoriya i metodyka muzychnoyi osvity [Theory and methods of music education]. Ternopilʹ: Navchalʹna knyha – Bohdan [in Ukraine].
7. Rudnytska O. (2002). Pedahohika; zahalna ta mystetska [Pedagogy: general and artistic]. Kyiv : Education [in Ukraine].
8. Rytsareva M. G. (2006). Muzyka i ya. Populyarnaya entsiklopediya dlya detey [Music and me. Popular encyclopedia for children]. Moskva : Muzyka [in Russia].
9. Savchenko, R. A. (2014). Teoriya i metodyka formuvannya muzychno-pedahohichnoyi kompetentnosti maybutnikh vykhovateliv ta muzychnykh kerivnykiv DNZ [Theory and methods of formation of musical and pedagogical competence of future educators and musical directors of children's institutions]. Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis. Kyiv : National Pedagogical Dragomanov University [in Ukranian].
10. Folomyeyeva, N. А. (2001). Pedahohichni tekhnolohiyi estetychnoho vykhovannya ditey vikom 5-10 rokiv zasobamy muzychnoho mystetstva [Pedagogical technologies of aesthetic education of children aged 5-10 by means of musical art]. Extatnded abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: The Institute of Problems on Education of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.