Monitoring the quality of the initial performance of the potential engineer-pedagogues as a pedagogical problem
The article reveals the concept of the monitoring the quality of future engineer-pedagogues’ educational activities and outlines the approaches to its determination in the current studies on the basis of psychological and pedagogical literature analysis. The purpose of the article is to determine the essential characteristics of the concept of monitoring the quality of future engineer-pedagogues educational activities, its capabilities and areas of implementation in the process of their professional training. The research methods are analysis of psychological and pedagogical sources and results of scientific research, questionnaire, testing of academic success, observation, analysis of reporting documentation and statistical data of educational institutions.
The results. The benefit of the study is that the notion of monitoring within the system of training the experts of engineering and pedagogical specialities has been defined as the process of continuous, scientifically justified, diagnostic and prognostic, targeted and activity-based supervision over the state and didactic process development of students in order to select optimal professionally-oriented tasks, means, and methods how the assignments are carried out. The authors analyze the principal stages of monitoring the quality of future engineer-pedagogues’ educational activities within the system of higher education by means of formation of students’ general and special (professional) competencies during acquiring a number of educational components oriented towards their further professional activities. The authors describe the key role of monitoring the quality of future engineer-pedagogues’ educational activities as an instrument used to obtain integral vision about the quality of training of students of engineering and pedagogical specialities and the necessity to perform such procedure systematically. The article presents the results of survey questionnaire designed for teachers and students about the types of control (input (preliminary), current, progress, and final) while monitoring the quality of future engineer-pedagogues’ educational activities.
Conclusions. The main attention should be given to the necessity to provide flexible and variable forms, methods, and means of control while monitoring the quality of future engineer-pedagogues’ educational activities; to the role of teaching staff in this process, including stimulation, control and encouragement of students’ cognitive activities, contributing the individualization of educational process.
2. Bordovskij, T. A., Nesterov, A. A., Trapicyn, S. Yu. (2011). Upravlenie kachestvom obrazovatel'nogo processa [Quality management of the educational process]. Sankt-Petersburg : Publishing House of Herzen [in Russian].
3. Kaidalova, L. H. (2007). Monitorynh yakosti profesiinoi pidhotovky inzheneriv-tekhnolohiv. [Monitoring the quality of professional training of technological engineers]. Problemy inzhenerno-pedahohichnoi osvity – Problems of engineering and pedagogical education, 18–19, 51–56 [in Ukrainian].
4. Majorov, A. N. (1998). Monitoring v obrazovanii [Monitoring in education]. Sankt-Petersburg : Publishing House «Education-Culture» [in Russian].
5. Monitorynh yakosti osvity : svitovi dosiahnennia ta ukrainski perspektyvy [Monitoring the quality of education: global achievements and Ukrainian prospects]. (2004). In O. I. Noodles (Ed.). Kyiv: KIS [in Ukrainian].
6. Nemova, N. N. (1999). Eto modnoe slovechko – «monitoring» [This is a buzzword – «monitoring»]. Direktor shkoly – School Director, 7, 23–32 [in Russian].
7. Olendr, T. M. (2011). Monitorynh yakosti pryrodnycho-naukovoi osvity v universytetakh SShA [Monitoring the quality of science education in US universities]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Ternopil [in Ukrainian].
8. Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadku provedennia monitorynhu yakosti osvity [On approval of the Procedure for monitoring the quality of education]. (2020) Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0154-20#Text [in Ukrainian].
9. Khrykov, Ye. M. (2011). Teoretyko-metodolohichni zasady monitorynhu profesiinoi pidhotovky [Theoretical and methodological principles of professional training monitoring]. Retrieved from: http://www.profosvita.org.ua/ru/career/ articles/2.html [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.