Training of Future Social Workers on the Basis of the Competence Approach During the Study of the Discipline «Fundamentals of Research in Social Work»
Theoretical and applied issues of training future social workers on the basis of the competence approach during the study of the discipline are studied. Analysis and systematization of scientific research in the process of training future social workers allowed determining the main potential of the competence approach to training future social workers during their professionalization.
The aim of the article is to describe and substantiate the competency approach during the study of the discipline «Fundamentals of research in social work».
It is substantiated that training of social workers on the basis of competence approach during studying of discipline «Fundamentals of scientific researches in social work» allows to apply theoretical knowledge for the decision of practical problems, forms professionally necessary complex of competences, helps to develop students’ independent thinking, combining theory with practice.
The benefit of article is that the paper analyzes each lesson (lecture and practical) and proposes a system of work on the formation of future social workers’ professional competencies within the components of readiness for professional activity.
In author’s opinion, expanding the content of academic disciplines with theoretical knowledge and practical tasks for the organization and implementation of research in social work and professional development will enrich and modernize the content of future social workers’ training in the competence approach. In addition, the disclosure of ways to implement the training of future social workers in the competence approach will improve the quality of their training in modern conditions.
The author of the article has made a conclusion that, on the basis of the analysis of the study of the discipline «Fundamentals of research in social work», the competence of the future social worker is seen as the ability to solve a wide range of tasks in the social field, the ability to quickly and quickly master new special skills, willingness to cope with new professional functions that determine the features of professional assistance to different types of clients.
The prospects for further exploration in this area are seen by the author as systematization of innovative technologies of the organization of educational process of HEI, development of the system of forming the future social workers’ competence paradigm.
2. Kichuk, N.V. (2010). Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid u vyshchii tekhnichnii shkoli : problemy zastosuvannia [Competence approach in a higher technical school : problems of application]. Pedahohichna nauka : istoriia, teoriia, praktyka, tendentsii rozvytku – Pedagogical science : history, theory, practice, trends]. Potochni nomery zhurnalu ta yikh avtory, 2 [in Ukrainian].
3. Mishchyk, L.I. (2012). Optymizatsiia pidhotovky sotsialnykh pedahohiv do profesiinoi diialnosti [Optimization of training of social pedagogues for professional activity]. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Nzspp_2012_4_30 [in Ukrainian].
4. Sysoieva, S.O. (2015). «Kompetentnisno zoriientovana vyshcha osvita : formuvannia naukovoho tezaurusu» formuvannia naukovoho tezaurusu» [«Competence-oriented higher education: the formation of a scientific thesaurus»]. Retrieved from http://elibrary.kubg.edu.ua/9864/1/Sysoeva%20S.A.%202015.pdf [in Ukrainian].
5. Furdui, S.B. (2017). Kompetentnisnyi pidkhid u vyshchii shkoli v Ukraini : rozrobka ta vprovadzhennia idei pry pidhotovtsi fakhivtsiv sotsionomichnoi sfery [Competence approach in higher education in Ukraine : development and implementation of ideas in the training of specialists in the socionomic field]. «Molodyi vchenyi» – «Young Scientist», 3(43), 485–491 [in Ukrainian].
6. Abbot, A. (2000). Measuring social work values. Internationale Social Work, 42(4), 455–470.
7. Mulder, M. (2001). Competentieontwikkeling in organisaties : perspectieven en praktijk. Uitgever : Reed business.
8. O’Shea, T. (2009). Prospects of professional practice. Edinburgh : The Edinburgh university. Retrieved from http://www.ed.ac.Uk/studying/undergraduate/finder/ subject.html?id=0,14.
9. While, R.W. (1959). Motivation Reconsidered : The Concept of Competence. Psyhological Review, 66.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.