Features of Modern Professional Ballet Education (the Case of Different Schools)
In every country, the school of classical dance, as the foundation for the training of ballet dancers, has its own specific features. The late twentieth century, in most countries an independent path for the development of ballet art and the structuring of professional ballet education have been determined. Nowadays European ballet schools have almost the same structure of choreographic education, and in the countries that have undergone totalitarian regimes and economic and political isolation, other ballet system are mostly used. A separate branch in the overall system of ballet education is Eastern School that has not had a clear standardized system of education yet, but has already ranked in the overall structure of the world educational process and trains European-level performers. The current system of professional ballet education should be analyzed in the light of the experience of national, artistic and educational traditions, as this leads to excellent training, which is not scientifically substantiated in this context. Therefore, the purpose of this article is to identify the characteristic features of different schools and to carry out their comparative analysis. The aim is achieved by identifying the leading countries providing training at the above schools and formulating basic criteria for the comparative analysis of the structure and results of ballet education. Thus, for the first time, an attempt is made to identify the distinctive features and identities in the systems of training of ballet dancers in different schools, taking into account national, artistic and educational traditions. The comparative analysis has made it possible to determine the features of modern professional ballet education, which are specified by: national dance traditions built-in the system of primary education, state cultural policy, systematic training and mastering additional types of dance. All this determines the effectiveness of ballet training, and enables to distinguish the features of performing technique and ballet style, gives artists the opportunity to represent their skills in academic or contemporary ballet repertoire.
2. Mikheyeva, S.P. (2008). Metodicheskiye printsipy professionalnoy podgotovki artista baleta [Methodical principles of professional training of a ballet dancer]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta – Tomsk State University Journal [in Russian].
3. Smirnova, N.R. (1992). Russkaya shkola klassicheskogo tantsa. Period stanovleniya [Russian school of classical dance. Formation period]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Moskva. Retrieved from http://cheloveknauka.com/russkaya-shkola-klassicheskogo-tantsa-period-stanovleniya#ixzz5xzN1YabP [in Russian].
4. Tarasova, O.I. (2018). Perspektivy sovremennogo khudozhestvennogo obrazovaniya i pedagogika baleta [Prospects for contemporary art education and pedagogy of ballet]. Saratov. Retrieved from https://www.sgu.ru/sites/default/files/conf/files/2018-03/tarasova_osm_2018.pdf [in Russian].
5. Khendryk, O.Yu. (2009). Khoreohrafichna osvita Ukrainy : sotsialno-pedahohichnyi aspekt [Choreography of Ukraine: social and pedagogical aspect]. Pedahohichni nauky – Pedagogical Sciences. 51, 392–398 [in Ukrainian].
6. Czin, Chjen'. (2012) Pedagogicheskie osnovy razvitija nacional'nyh tradicij horeografii Kitaja [Pedagogical bases of development of national traditions of choreography China]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis Moskva [in Russian].
7. Chen, Enya Feng Ying. (2011). Director of the National Ballet of China. Retrieved from: http://www.forum-dansomanie.net/pagesdanso/int0040_interview_feng_ying_en.html.
8. Chen, Jing Yi. (2012). Adopting holistic teaching strategies in examination-oriented ballet classes. Retrieved from https://ausdance.org.au/uploads/content/ publications/2012-global-summit/dance-learning-rp/adopting-holistic-teaching-strategies -in-examination-oriented-ballet-classes.pdf.
9. Enseignement, formation et métiers de la danse. (2019). Retrieved from http://www.culture.gouv.fr/Regions/Drac-Ile-de-France/Aides-et-demarches/Musique-et-danse/Enseignement-formation-et-metiers-de-la-danse.
10. Zan, Jifang. (2010). Ballet Flourishing in China. Beijing Review. Beijing, February, 21. Retrieved from http://www.bjreview.com.cn/Cover_Story_Series_ 2010/2010-02/21/content_247566.htm. Title from the screen.
11. 北京舞蹈学院附属中等舞蹈学校. 2019. 从...获得 http://www.bds.edu. cn/. 屏幕标题的名称.
12. 上海市 舞蹈 学校. 2019. 从...获得 http://dance.sta.edu.cn. 屏幕标题 的名称.
13. 北京舞蹈学院芭蕾舞分级考试. 2018. 北京舞蹈学院芭蕾舞分级考试. 从...获得 https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/46445764. 屏幕标题的名称.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.