Methodological and Didactic Fundamentals of Foreign Language Communicative Competence Formation in Distance Learning
The study deals with the theoretical justification of pedagogical conditions and methodical principles of the future specialists’ foreign language communicative competence formation in the conditions of distance learning. The result of the theoretical part of the study was specifying a complex application of computer and multimedia technologies as the system of pedagogical conditions for foreign language distance learning.
Methods of analysis, synthesis, generalization and modeling were used to develop a pedagogical model of remote formation of speech skills and abilities of students. The structural method and system analysis were used to display the relationships between the basic components of the model.
The constructed model of the foreign language distance learning includes the following structural components: educational technologies, basic principles, requirements for educational and methodological support.
The analysis of the basic concepts and definitions concerning distance learning allowed to define requirements to the training process in the context of our research which on component structure are content-structural and methodical. The basic components of the system of training are outlined as conceptual basis, content part and procedure part. The functions of computer technology, multimedia support, tasks for the teacher and student opportunities are defined.
Thus, the result of the study is the development of content-structural model of foreign language communicative competence of the future specialists based on the multimedia content application as an integrated component of complex methodological support and computer technology as a form of process organization. The authors made a conclusion that the effectiveness of using these learning technologies is conditioned by the specific objectives of the subject studying and the practicability of their use for ensuring the implementation of support functions (the main are: determining the degree of the management of student’s learning activities by a teacher at all levels; determining the degree of the student’s learning activities self-management; indirect management of self-study activities for preventing stress; providing a feedback system; ensuring self-control).
2. Vitvytska, S. S. (2006). Osnovy pedahohiky vyshchoi shkoly [Fundamentals of higher school pedagogy]. Kyiv : Tsentr navchalnoi literatury [in Ukrainian].
3. Tarnopolskiy, O. B. & Kozhushko, S. P. (2004). Metodika obucheniya angliyskomu yaziku dlya delovogo obscheniya [Methods of teaching English for business communication]. Kiev : Lenvit [in Russian].
4. Serdiukov, P. I. (2001). Tekhnolohiia rozrobky kompiuternykh prohram z inozemnykh mov [Technology for computer programs development in foreign languages]. Kiev : Lenvіt [[in Ukrainian].
5. Zimnyaya, I. A. (2004). Pedadogicheskaya psihologiya [Pedagogical psychology]. Moskva : Logos [in Russian].
6. Savonko, E. I. (1980) Samootsenka i motivatsiya kak faktoryi sotsialno-psihologicheskoy adaptatsii studentov k usloviyam v vuze. [Self-assessment and motivation as factors of socio-psychological adaptation of students to conditions at a university]. Psihologiya uchebnoy deyatelnosti studentov pri ovladenii inostrannyimi yazyikami v yazyikovom vuze : Sbornik nauchnyih trudov. Moscow : Mosk. gos. ped. univ. inostr. jazykov M. Toreza, 162, 162–175 [in Russian].
7. Lapidus, B. A. (1986). Problemyi soderzhaniya obucheniyu yaziku v yazyikovom vuze [Content problems of language teaching at languages university]. Moscow : Vyssh. shk. [in Russian].
8. Bihych, O. B. (2005). Osvitnia avtonomiia studenta v protsesi metodychnoi osvity [Educational autonomy of the student in the process of methodical education]. Visnyk KNLU – Bulletin of Visnyk of Kyiv National Linguistic University, 8, 257 [in Ukrainian].
9. Riabokon, O. V. (2004). Kontseptsiia metodychnoho zabezpechennia pisliadyplomnoi inshomovnoi samopidhotovky menedzheriv iz zovnishnoekonomichnykh zviazkiv [The concept of methodological support for postgraduate foreign language self-training of managers in foreign economic relations]. Inozemni movy – Foreign Languages, 1, 31 [in Ukrainian].
10. Kukharenko, V. M. (2012). Pro systemu dystantsiinoho navchannia u vidkrytomu dystantsiinomu kursi [About the system of distance learning in an open distance course]. Informatsiini tekhnolohii v osviti – Information Technologies in Education, 11, 32–42 [in Ukrainian].
11. Stefanenko P. V. (2002). Distancionnoe obuchenie v vysshej shkole [Distance learning in higher education]. Doneck : DONNTU [in Russian].
12. Polat, E. S., Moiseeva, M. V. & Petrov, A.E. (2005). Distancionnoe obuchenie [Distance learning]. Moscow : Vlados [in Russian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.