Psychological and Pedagogical Analysis of the Professional Teacher’s Career Phenomenon
The article proves that knowledge of psychological and pedagogical bases of a professional career phenomenon allows to take into account the ascending and descending phases of development, critical periods of life, as well as to predict the influence of socio-economic and personal factors on the teacher's personality development. The purpose of the article is to conduct a psychological and pedagogical analysis of the phenomenon of a professional teacher's career in Ukraine. Consequently the study theoretically grounds the necessity to take into account the modern teacher work peculiarities, due to the specificity of the environment, the presence of constant contacts with people with different temperaments, the need to withstand emotional stability. Moreover the article also confirms that there are a number of issues regarding both the professional development of the teacher's personality and his / her career management. The author of the article notes that this state of affairs is caused by the lack of purposeful influence on the process of the teachers' professional career formation and development, which in turn leads to a decrease in the efficiency of using the educational institution resources. It is important to take into account the main tasks that a teacher performs within the educational process, namely to provide a clear structure of the educational process; to teach students with enthusiasm and passion; to have a positive mood; to use humour during the classes; to increase the interest of students in the lessons; interest in the life of students outside the educational establishment; treat students with respect. As a result the research proves the necessity to take into account psychological and pedagogical components while building a teacher's professional career, they are the level of motivation of professional activity; the ability to empathize; the level of aggression; the level of neuro-psychic stability; the level of emotional burnout; a professional and general erudition; a culture of behaviour; a range of interests; a style of communication; an observance of rights and responsibilities, etc.
2. Alshevska, N.Yu. (2000). Trudova kariera pratsivnykiv bankivskoi systemy v period rynkovykh peretvoren [Labour career of banking system employees' during a period of market transformation]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: NAN Ukrainy; In-t sotsiolohii [in Ukrainian].
3. Bila-Tiunova, L.R. (2012). Sluzhbova kariera derzhavnoho sluzhbovtsia: teoriia ta pravove rehuliuvannia [The career of a state worker: theory and legal regulation]. Doctor’s thesis. Odesa: Nats. un-t «Odeska yuryd. akad.» [in Ukrainian].
4. Vizirov, B.Y. (2009). Kariera derzhavnoho sluzhbovtsia v Ukraini: teoretychni zasady [The career of a state worker in Ukraine: theoretical background]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: Nats. un-t bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
5. Vintoniak, V.F. (2014). Profesiinyi «Ia-obraz» yak chynnyk vyznachennia ofitserom stratehii kariernoho zrostannia [Professional self-image as a factor in determining the officer's career strategy]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: Kyiv. nats. torh.-ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
6. Heilyk, A.V. (2013). Orhanizatsiino-pedahohichni umovy profesiinoho zrostannia maibutnikh fakhivtsiv z ekonomiky i pidpryiemnytstva u protsesi navchalno-praktychnoi diialnosti [Organizational and pedagogical conditions of professional growth of future specialists in economics and entrepreneurship in the process of educational and practical activity]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: Nats. akad. ped. nauk Ukrainy, In-t vyshch. osvity [in Ukrainian].
7. Zhuravel, A.V. (2014). Interviziia yak zasib pidhotovky maibutnikh psykholohiv do pobudovy profesiinoi kariery [Interviewing as a way to prepare future psychologists to build a professional career]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: Kyiv. nats. torh. ekon. un-t [in Ukrainian].
8. Kanivets, T.M. (2013). Formuvannia psykholohichnoi hotovnosti studentiv do zdiisnennia maibutnoi profesiinoi kariery [Formation of students' psychological readiness for a future professional career]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: Nats. akad. ped. nauk Ukrainy, In-t psykholohii im. H.S. Kostiuka [in Ukrainian].
9. Krymska, O.M. (2012). Pravovi zasady ta formy zabezpechennia profesiinoho zrostannia pratsivnyka v novykh umovakh ekonomichnoho rozvytku [Legal principles and forms of ensuring the employee's professional growth in the new economic development conditions]. Candidate’s thesis. Luhansk: Skhidnoukr. nats. un-t im. Volodymyra Dalia [in Ukrainian].
10. Lytvyniuk, L.V. (2007). Pedahohichne stymuliuvannia profesiinoho zrostannia vchyteliv zahalnoosvitnikh navchalnykh zakladiv [Pedagogical stimulation of a teacher’s professional growth of general educational establishments]. Candidate’s thesis. Kirovohrad: Kirovohrad. derzh. ped. un-t im. V. Vynnychenka [in Ukrainian].
11. Meshko, H.M. (2010). Vstup do pedahohichnoi profesii [Introduction to a pedagogical profession]. Kyiv : Akademvydav [in Ukrainian].
12. Oksamytna, S.M. (1995). Strukturni ta osobystnisni peredumovy zdiisnennia trudovoi kariery [Structural and personal prerequisites for the realization of a working career]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: NAN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
13. Poliakov, A.O. (2008). Pedahohichni umovy motyvatsii profesiinoho zrostannia studentiv pedahohichnykh universytetiv u protsesi neperervnoi osvity [Pedagogical Conditions of Students’ Professional Growth Motivation in Pedagogical Universities in the Process of Continuous Education]. Candidate’s thesis. Kharkiv: Kharkiv. nats. ped. un-t im. H.S. Skovorody [in Ukrainian].
14. Pryhodii, M.A. (2011). Suchasni aspekty pidhotovky vchyteliv tekhnolohii [Modern aspects of technology teacher training]. Chernihiv: ChNPU imeni T.H. Shevchenka. [in Ukrainian].
15. Starodubtsev, A.A. (2012). Sluzhbova kariera v orhanakh vnutrishnikh sprav Ukrainy: administratyvno-pravovi zasady [Career in the internal affairs agencies of Ukraine: administrative and legal basis]. Doctor’s thesis. Kharkiv: Khark. nats. un-t vnutr. sprav [in Ukrainian].
16. Khanenko, I.I. (2012). Sotsialno-psykholohichni osoblyvosti profesiinoho zrostannia zhinok-kerivnykiv u pravookhoronnykh orhanakh Ukrainy [Socio-psychological features of professional growth of female executives in law enforcement agencies of Ukraine]. Candidate’s thesis. Luhansk: Skhidnoukr. nats. un-t im. Volodymyra Dalia [in Ukrainian].
17. Shelenkova, N.L. (2014). Rozvytok u maibutnikh psykholohiv psykholohichnoi hotovnosti do zdiisnennia profesiinoi kariery [The development of the future psychologists’ psychological readiness for the implementation of professional career]. Candidate’s thesis. Kyiv: VNZ «Un-t ekonomiky ta prava «Krok» [in Ukrainian].
18. Meador, D. (2019). Strategies for Teachers to Develop Positive Relationships with Students. Retrieved from https://www.thoughtco.com/develop-positive-relationships-with-students-3194339.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.