Organizational and Pedagogical Conditions of Providing Communication Readiness for Future Engineering Officers
The article considers the terms «conditions», «pedagogical conditions», «organizational and pedagogical conditions» and their interpretation by scientists in modern pedagogical education. The purpose of the article is to determine the organizational and pedagogical conditions of providing the communication readiness of future engineering officers to professional activity. It’s been highlighted the organizational and pedagogical conditions that provide for the formation of communication readiness for foreign language activity of future officers of the engineering troops. Namely: the formation of positive motivation for mastering the components of communicative competence and values in their own self-realization; the use of innovative methods and forms, information and communication technologies in the training of the engineering officers for foreign language communication; the organization of individual work of the future officers of engineering troops with the use of information and communication technologies.
In the justification of the first condition, motivational resources that help military personnel to study English are emphasized. They include: knowledge of vocational-oriented terminology; the ability to communicate with partners from different national forces, familiarity of relevant structures and features of international documentation in the context of international cooperation; fluency in English that will allow military personnel communicate with the local population in the framework of peacekeeping operations, in which Ukraine is actively involved; an opportunity to increase the level of knowledge of a foreign language for servicemen who have successfully passed the tests at language (professional) courses abroad. Forms and methods of creation of positive motivation are defined.
To administer the second organizational and pedagogical condition, the main English study programs for the future officers are determined: Lаnguаgе іn Usе 24/7, QDіctіоnаry, FVоrds, ЕZ Mеmо Bооstеr, Еxеrcіsеr.
The bases for the third pedagogical condition were identified from the analysis of scientific and methodological literature. They are the aspects of the problems of individual work of cadets. Individual work means to take the responsibility for deep and strong mastering of basic knowledge, formation of skills from the studied subject which promotes the education of cognitive independence and individual activity; determines the degree of mastery of special methods of educational work by the students; is the basis for the formation of the need to constantly update their knowledge, readiness for self-education; is a means of forming the independence of educational cognitive activity. Much attention is paid to teaching methods.
The study used data from psychological and pedagogical sources and from scientific research. The comparative method of analysis is applied.
2. Borodina, H.I. (2011). Vykorystannia problemnykh zavdan dlia formuvannia movnoi kompetentsii u navchanni anhliiskoi movy studentiv nemovnykh spetsialnostei [The use of problematic tasks for the formation of language competence in teaching non-philology students English]. Inozemni movy – Foreign languages, 1, 36–39 [in Ukrainian].
3. Borodina, H.I. (2013). Shchodo problemy formuvannia stiikoi motyvatsii do vyvchennia inozemnoi movy u studentiv inzhenernykh spetsialnostei. [On the problem of formation of sustainable motivation for engineering students to learn a foreign language] Vykladannia mov u vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladakh osvity na suchasnomu etapi. Mizhpredmetni zviazky – Language teaching at higher education institutions at the present stage, 22, 59–67 [in Ukrainian].
4. Busel, V.T. (Ed.). (2005). Velykyi tlumachnyi slovnyk suchasnoi ukrainskoi movy (z dod. i dopov.) [A great explanatory dictionary of modern Ukrainian]. Irpin: VTF «Perun» [in Ukrainian].
5. Hrytsiuk, L.K. (2012). Orhanizatsiia samostiinoi roboty studentiv u navchalnomu protsesi vyshchoho navchalnoho zakladu. [Organization of students independent work in the educational process of higher education institution]. Visnyk Volynskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Imeni L. Ukrainky – Bulletin of the Volyn National University. The name of L. Ukrainka, 9 – 14 [in Ukrainian].
6. Dubinina, G.K. (2011). Uchebno-metodicheskoe obespechenie bazovogo kursa podgotovki bakalavrov po angliyskomu yazyku. [Educational and methodological support for the basic course of preparation of bachelors in English] Vestnik MGLU – Bulletin of MSLU, 12 (646), 37–42 [in Russian].
7. Zubko, A.M. (2002). Orhanizatsiino-pedahohichni umovy udoskonalennia navchalnoho protsesu v systemi pidvyshchennia kvalifikatsii pedahohichnykh kadriv [Organizational and pedagogical conditions for improving the educational process in the system of pedagogical staff training] Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
8. Kodzhaspirova, G.M., Kodzhaspirov, A.Yu. (2005). Slovar po pedagogike [Dictionary of Pedagogy]. Moskva: IKTs «MarT»; Rostov n/D: Izdatelskiy tsentr «MarT» [in Russian].
9. Lerner, Yu.I. (2014). Povyishenie kachestva ekonomicheskogo obrazovaniya v Ukraini [Improving the quality of economic education in Ukraine]. Harkiv [in Russian].
10. Mychkovska, V.R (2001). Do pytan orhanizatsii samostiinoi roboty na pochatkovomu etapi vyvchennia inozemnoi movy. [On the issues of organizing independent work at the initial stage of learning a foreign language]. Materialy mizhvuzivskoi konferentsii – Proceedings of the Intercollegiate Conference, Khmelnytskyi: Vyd-vo Natsionalnoi akademii PVU, 13(2), 176–184. [in Ukrainian].
11. Rodyhina, I.V. (2008). Kompetentnisno oriientovanyi pidkhid do navchannia [Competency-oriented approach to learning]. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
12. Chyzhevskyi, B.H. (1996). Orhanizatsiino-pedahohichni umovy stanovlennia litseiv v Ukraini [Organizational and pedagogical conditions of lyceums formation in Ukraine]. Instytut pedahohiky APN Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
13. Shcherba, D.V. (2015). Osoblyvosti vporiadkuvannia ta perekladu terminolohii verbalizovanykh termino-kontseptiv (na prykladi terminokontseptu «Kompiuterna bezpeka») [Features of organizing and translating the terminology of verbalized term concepts (for example, the «Computer Security» term concept)]. Visnyk Zhytomyrskoho derzhavnoho universytetu imeni Ivana Franka – Bulletin of Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University, 2, 227–231. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/VZhDU_2015_2_47 [in Ukrainian].
14. Iahupov, V.V. (2002). Pedahohika [Pedagogy]: navch. posib. Kyiv,. 560 s. Retrieved from: http://eduknigi.com/ped_view.php?id=36 [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.