Strengthening the natural disciplines’ training with the application of STEM-education technologies in the process of training sessions conducting at higher military educational institutions
The Armed Forces of Ukraine have recently undergone cardinal changes; this concerns the issues of equipment, personnel training and other issues related to the defence and industrial complex development. The military equipment and weapons are becoming more and more complex, and the wars themselves are changing from «classic» to «hybrid» with the centre shifting into the information and communication space. Such changes are naturally reflected in the Armed Forces of Ukraine future officers’ professional training system, requiring a rethinking of the natural disciplines’ role.
The purpose of the article is to publish the results of the theoretical study on the identification of pedagogical conditions for forming the Armed Forces of Ukraine future officers’ readiness for using STEM-technologies in professional activities, in particular, strengthening of the natural disciplines’ training with the application of STEM-education technologies in the process of training sessions conducting in higher military educational institutions.
Methods of research: analysis, synthesis, systematization of scientific and pedagogical manuals, generalization.
Results. The study identifies the following directions of strengthening natural disciplines’ training in the process of conducting training with using STEM-technologies: transforming the content of the existing disciplines from the point of view of strengthening the natural sciences’ training; creating the new applied training courses taking into account the integrative method of teaching the material; developing the problematic tasks of military-applied character, the solution of which requires a system of knowledge from different scientific fields; holding a series of seminars with future officers on the general theme of «Applying new information technology to military applications»; organizing and conducting instructor-methodical sessions with scientific-pedagogical staff on acquaintance of all educational process’ participants with STEM-technologies; publishing the results of research on the implementation of STEM-technologies at scientific seminars and conferences; the advisable and prudent STEM-technologies introducing during training at higher military educational institutions.
Conclusion. The research proves that the natural disciplines’ training strengthening with the application of STEM-education technologies in the process of training sessions conducting at higher military educational institutions can be defined as a pedagogical condition for successful forming the Armed Forces of Ukraine future officers’ readiness for using STEM-technologies in professional activities.
2. Borovyk, O.V. & Borovyk, L.V. (2014). Prykladni modeli deiakykh zadach operatyvno-sluzhbovoi diialnosti orhaniv okhorony derzhavnoho kordonu ta prohram realizatsii metodu yikh doslidzhennia [Applied models of some tasks for the operational and official activity of the state border protection bodies and the programs of realizing the method of their research]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoi akademii Derzhavnoi prykordonnoi sluzhby Ukrainy ‒ Collection of scientific papers of the National Academy of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, 1, 221-237 [in Ukrainian].
3. Brodiak, O.Ia., Huzyk, N.M., Lishchynska, Kh.I., Petruchenko, O.S., Pinchuk, I.V. & Tereshchuk, O.V. (2019). Shliakhy pidvyshchennia yakosti viiskovoi osvity [Ways to improve the quality of military education]. Naukovi zapysky. Ser.: Pedahohichni nauky Tsentralnoukrainskoho derzhavnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni Volodymyra Vynnychenka. ‒ Scientific notes. Series: Pedagogical Sciences of the Volodymyr Vynnychenko Central Ukrainian State Pedagogical University, 177(1), 72–77 [in Ukrainian].
4. Krasnobokyi, Yu.M. & Tkachenko, I.A. (2013). Intehratsiia pryrodnycho-naukovykh dystsyplin u svitli kompetentnisnoi paradyhmy osvity [Integration of natural sciences in the light of the education competence paradigm]. Proceedings of the Eleventh International Scientific and Practical Conference «Theory and Methodology Fundamental Disciplines’ Teaching in Higher School». (VIII, pp. 83–89). Kryvyi Rih : Vydavnychyi viddil KMI [in Ukrainian].
5. Krasnobokyi, Yu.M., Tkachenko, I.A. (2014). Mistse i znachennia pryrodnychykh nauk u Kontseptsii staloho rozvytku [The place and importance of the natural sciences in the Concept of sustainable development]. Naukovi zapysky. Ser.: Pedahohichni nauky Tsentralnoukrainskoho derzhavnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni Volodymyra Vynnychenka. ‒ Scientific notes. Series: Pedagogical Sciences of the Volodymyr Vynnychenko Central Ukrainian State Pedagogical University, 5 (2), 113–117 [in Ukrainian].
6. Lutsenko, H. (2013). Psykholoho-pedahohichni umovy orhanizatsii pidhotovky fakhivtsiv fizyko-matematychnoho profiliu (v umovakh fundamentalizatsii profesiinoi osvity) [Psychological and pedagogical conditions of organization of physical and mathematical profile specialists’ training (in the conditions of professional education’s fundamentalization)]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia : Pedahohika. Sotsialna robota ‒ Scientific Herald of Uzhhorod National University: Series: «Pedagogy. Social Work», 27, 109–112 [in Ukrainian].
7. Rebukha, L.Z. (2018). Kontseptualni osnovy fundamentalizatsii profesiinoi pidhotovky maibutnikh sotsialnykh pratsivnykiv na zasadakh intehratsii innovatsiinykh tekhnolohii [Conceptual foundations of the future social workers professional training’s fundamentalisation on the basis of innovative technologies’ integration]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. «Pedahohichni nauky» ‒ Collection of scientific papers «Pedagogical Sciences», 82(1), 166–170 [in Ukrainian].
8. Tanska, V.V. (2018). Teoretychni osnovy realizatsii pryntsypu nastupnosti pry vykladanni pryrodnychykh dystsyplin u zahalnoosvitnii shkoli [Theoretical foundations for the implementation of the continuity principle in teaching natural sciences at a comprehensive school]. Visnyk Zhytomyrskoho derzhavnoho universytetu imeni Ivana Franka. Pedahohichni nauky ‒ Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University Journal. Pedagogical Sciences, 2, 125–129 [in Ukrainian].
9. Tolubko, Ye.V. (2014) Transformerni tekhnolohii u viiskovii spravi [Transformer technologies in military affairs]. Ozbroiennia ta viiskova tekhnika ‒ Weapons and military equipment, 3, 40–44 [in Ukrainian].
10. Mind the gap. Nature 462, 825–826 (2009) doi:10.1038/462825b https://doi.org/10.1038/462825b.
11. Réjean Landry, Nabil Amara & Mathieu Ouimet. (2007). Determinants of knowledge transfer: evidence from Canadian university researchers in natural sciences and engineering. The Journal of Technology Transfer. 32(6), 561–592.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.