Professional Training of a Teacher to the Practical Realization of the Idea of the New Ukrainian School
The article describes the main components of the teacher’s professional training for the implementation of the idea of the New Ukrainian School, the role of integrating the theoretical and practical training of future teachers, and the peculiarities of the introduction of dual education into pedagogical activity. The innovative methods, technologies and forms of educational activity organization during the study of theoretical foundations of pedagogy, the peculiarities of their application in practical and seminary classes, have been separated, in particular, individualized and differentiated learning, group forms of activity, mixed and adaptive learning, a digital storytelling, a personalized learning, an inverted class, a virtual classroom, a gaming education, STEM education, a training, debate, etc. The main aspects that promote the professional competencies of students, their technological and personal readiness, and the formation of a competitive specialist in this field during the pedagogical practice are investigated.
The correlation between theory and practice in pedagogical activity has certain regularities. The objective laws of pedagogical activity determine only its main direction. The forms of manifestation of pedagogical patterns are multivariate; in different situations they can be different and determined by specific conditions. The theory of pedagogy gives only a possible choice of methods, techniques, means and forms of content implementation, but can not predict many specific situations, give timely guidance for each case.
The integration of theoretical and practical future teachers’ training contributes to activating cognitive activity of students, forming a holistic view of the future profession, creating the optimal conditions for gaining strong knowledge and skills in the work. A student integrates into the school system, improves the theoretical and methodological knowledge, practical skills and examines the age and psychological characteristics of children.
The New Ukrainian School is designed to form a person capable of being successful in life, holistic and versatile, initiative, patriot with an active position, an innovator capable of changing the world. To accomplish the above tasks, a professional teacher must possess a range of competencies such as informational, digital, research, civic, linguistic-communicative, social, technological, etc. An educational activity at the institution of higher education is constructed in such a way as to ensure the formation and improvement of the professional competences necessary for the New Ukrainian School teacher. The specificity of the professional training of future teachers is to ensure continuity and integration of the theoretical and practical components of training.
2. Gushynecz, N.O. (2008). Innovacijni metody i formy provedennya seminarskyx zanyat [Innovative methods and forms of seminars]. Retrieved from URL: http://conf.vntu.edu.ua/humed/2008/txt/gushinez.php.
3. Zakon Ukrayiny «Pro osvitu» (2017). [Law of Ukraine «On Education»]. Retrieved from https://ru.osvita.ua/legislation/law/2231/.
4. Koncepciya Novoyi ukrayinskoyi shkoly (2016). [Concept of the New Ukrainian School]. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/storage/app/media/reforms/ukrain ska-shkola-compressed.pdf.
5. Koncepciya pidgotovky faxivciv za dualnoyu formoyu zdobuttya osvity (2018). [Concept of specialists’ training on the dual form of education]. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/news/koncepciya-pidgotovki- fahivciv-za-dualnoyu-formoyu-zdobuttya-osviti.
6. Lyashenko, O. & Koczur, V. (2018). Na shlyaxu do novoyi ukrayinskoyi shkoly [On the way to a new Ukrainian school]. Ridna shkola. 3-4 (1058), 8-10 [in Ukrainian].
7. Makovska, O.A. (2011). Praktychni zanyattya yak forma navchalno-vyxovnogo procesu u faxovij pidgotovci majbutnogo vykladacha vyshhogo navchalnogo zakladu [Practical lessons as a form of the teaching and bringing- up process in the professional training of the future teacher of a higher educational establishment]. Retrieved from http://bo0k.net/index.php?p=achapter&bid=14251&chapte r=1 [in Ukrainian].
8. Pometun, O.I. (2007). Encyklopediya interaktyvnogo navchannya. [Encyclopedia of interactive learning]. Kiev: A.S.K. [in Ukrainian].
9. Sergijchuk, O.M. & Onyshhenko, N.P. (2012). Formuvannya gotovnosti majbutnix uchyteliv do profesijnoyi diyalnosti u procesi pedagogichnoyi praktyky [Formation of the future teachers’ readiness for a professional activity in the process of pedagogical practice]. Pereyaslav-Xmelnyczkyj: Vydavnycztvo PP «SKD» [in Ukrainian].
10. Sysoyeva, S. (2011). Interaktyvni texnologiyi navchannya doroslyx [Interactive adult teaching technologies]. VD «EKMO», Kiev [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.