Psychological Factors in the Formation of the Manager’s Positive Image
The article is devoted to the psychological factors in the formation of the manager’s positive image. The authors consider the image of a manager as a component of the corporate image of the organization and one of the factors of the organization’s effective positioning in a competitive environment. The article examines the content and factors of the formation of a positive image of the head of the organization as a modern direction of improving the efficiency of management personnel based on the optimization of professional communication and relationships with people. The emphasis is laid by the authors of the article on the peculiarities of the role of the organization manager as a central figure in a personnel management. It is the benefit of the study that, considering features of the image as a socio- psychological category, the mechanism of its formation is determined on the basis of analysis of the main factors and stages of its formation. It is also proved that all kinds of the image are in one way or another interconnected, so they should be taken into account. The authors believe that the knowledge of these types of the image allows a manager to respond adequately to different situations that arise in the management of the enterprise. Moreover, the emphasis is also onto creating a positive image of a manager, which determines the success of the subordinate. It was in this regard that the quality of a manager was considered. And on this basis, a number of practical recommendations were given by authors of the article to prevent the emergence of problems in shaping the image of a manager and strengthening its position in the management of the company’s team. It is proved that the positive image of an organization’s manager has a significant influence on the formation of both the internal and external image of the organization and can become one of the competitive advantages. The authors concludes that a positive image leads to emotional reactions of trust and, often, sympathies, which contributes to the formation of common interests within the business entity; and in addition, in all other situational conditions, a positive image creates more guarantees for the implementation of cooperation and motivates others to highly effective and productive work. The perspectives of the research are defined by the authors as: to reveal the content of the image as a managerial phenomenon, to consider the image of the head as an important factor in optimizing the personnel management system, to identify subjective and objective image-forming factors.
2. Skrypachenko, T. V. (2015). Imidzh kerivnyka: poniattia ta yoho vzhyvannia: Psykholohiia [Image of a leader: the concept and its use]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats. NPU im. M.P. Drahomanova, 3,10 [in Ukrainian].
3. Skrypachenko, T. V. (2016). Suchasni umovy diialnosti vitchyznianoho kerivnyka [Modern conditions of the domestic leader’s activity]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Instytutu psykholohii im. H.S. Kostiuka APN Ukrainy.- K., Vyd-vo «Liubit Ukrainu», t.1, ch.3 [in Ukrainian].
4. Sheheda, A. V. (2015). Menedzhment [Management]. Kyiv: Znannia, KOO, [in Ukrainian].
5. Bolsun, S. A. (2013). Profesiinyi imidzh kerivnyka navchalnoho zakladu [Professional image of a director of an educational institution]. Menedzhment, 7-9. 379-381 [in Ukrainian].
6. Khoruzhenko, K. M. (2017). Kulturolohyia [Culturology]. Rostov-na-Donu : Fenyks [in Ukrainian].
7. Orban-Lembryk, L.E. (2016). Psykholohiia upravlinnia [Psychology of management]. Kyiv : Akademvydav [in Ukrainian].
8. Komarovska, A. V. (2015). Imidzh kerivnyka osvitnoho zakladu [Image of a director of an educational institution]. Upravlinnia shkoloiu, 19-21, 94-95 [in Ukrainian].
9. Danylenko, L. (2014). Imidzh uchytelia [Teacher's image]. Upravlinnia osvitoiu: Ukraina, 13, 30-31 [in Ukrainian].
10. Kosa, T.H. & Basiuk, L.V. (2015). Vykorystannia informatsiino-komunikatsiinykh tekhnolohii u protsesi formuvannia profesiinoho imidzhu maibutnikh pedahohiv vyrobnychoho navchannia [The use of Information and Communication Technologies in the Process of Forming the Professional Image of Future Teachers of Production Training]. In I.I. Dobroskok (Ed.), Profesiina osvita : teoretychni ta prykladni aspekty formuvannia kompetentnosti maibutnikh fakhivtsi (Vol. 1, pp. 115–132). Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi : FOP Dombrovska Ya.M. [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.