Сontent, Components and European Tendences of the Future Foreign Languages Teachers’ Professional Training
The article analyzes different approaches to the «professional training of a teacher» definition as a system of organizational-pedagogical measures and vocational training systems; a critical study, the improvement and experimental use of ideas; the purposeful, systematic and organized process of pedagogical influences; qualifications in the process of studying in the corresponding direction, specialty, educational program; systems of special knowledge, abilities and skills, competences, qualities. The peculiarities of the professional training of future foreign languages teachers are defined by the author as: a possession of units of a foreign language and the ability to use them in specific situations of communication; a consistency of the initial level of foreign languages knowledge received at school with the goals and objectives, methods and technologies of forming the personality of a student as a future specialist in the process of vocational training; the ratio of theoretical and practical training, special and psycho-pedagogical, methodical preparation; a symmetrical study of two foreign languages and bilingual life (Ukrainian and Russian); knowledge and appreciation of the cultural characteristics of a nation, the language of which is studied.
The author also proposes the definition of the concept of «professional training of future foreign language teachers» as a dynamic system of organizational and pedagogical influences, which is characterized by the unity of goals, content, methods and technologies of professional training of students, which study foreign languages on a multi-lingual basis, and foresees the formation of readiness for their professional activity, a professional competence. The article deals with important components of the future foreign languages teachers’ training such as: the theoretical and linguistic training; the practical training; the professional-oriented theoretical training; the methodical one.
The article analyzes the tendencies of future teacher training in the European region. Among the modern European approaches to foreign language teacher training, the author highlights the following main trends: the unification of requirements for professional training in the process of higher education integration into European educational space; the updating of goals and content of studying and teaching foreign languages, changing educational programs and state standards taking into account common European trends; the transition from the knowledge concept to the competence paradigm in higher education; the internationalization of education; the use of new flexible technologies in the study of foreign languages, the strengthening of the practical component of vocational training.
2. Bezliudna, V. V. (2017). Suchasna systema profesiinoi pidhotovky maibutnikh uchyteliv inozemnykh mov [Modern system of future foreign languages teachers preparation]. Vykladannia mov u vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladakh osvity, 30, 7-16 [in Ukrainian].
3. Bezliudna, V. V. (2016). Profesiina pidhotovka maibutnikh uchyteliv inozemnykh mov u systemi vyshchoi osvity [Professional training of future foreign languages teachers in the system of higher education]. Pedahohichni nauky: teoriia, istoriia, innovatsiini tekhnolohii, 4 (58), 178-185 [in Ukrainian].
4. Bocharnykova, T. F. (2012). Osoblyvosti profesiino- pedahohichnoi spriamovanosti maibutnikh uchyteliv inozemnykh mov [Features of vocational and pedagogical orientation of future foreign languages teachers]. Problemy inzhenerno-pedahohichnoi osvity, 36, 21-25 [in Ukrainian].
5. Dubrova, A. S. (2017). Tendentsii profesiinoi pidhotovky vchytelia inozemnoi movy v konteksti yevropeiskykh vymoh [Trends in the professional training of future foreign languages teachers in the context of European requirements]. Naukovi zapysky Rivnenskoho derzh. humanitarnoho un-tu, 17(60), 275-278 [in Ukrainian].
6. Kovalova, S. M. (2005). Suchasni tendentsii pidhotovky maibutnoho vchytelia u krainakh zakhidnoi Yevropy [Contemporary trends in the training of a future teacher in Western European countries]. Visnyk Zhytomyrskoho derzh. un-tu imeni Ivana Franka, 25, 171-173 [in Ukrainian].
7. Pukhovska, L. P. (2000). Suchasni doslidzhennia v haluzi pedahohichnoi osvity u krainakh zakhidnoi Yevropy [Modern research in the field of pedagogical education in the countries of Western Europe]. In Ziaziuna I.A. (Ed.), Neperervna profesiina osvita: problemy, poshuky, perspektyvy: monohrafiia. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo «Vipol», 565-589 [in Ukrainian].
8. Sidun, M. M. (2013). Formuvannia profesiinoi kompetentnosti maibutnoho vchytelia inozemnoi movy pochatkovoi shkoly zasobamy navchalnykh sytuatsii [Formation of the professional competence of primary school foreign languages teachers by means of educational situations]. Candidate’s thesis. Zhytomyr: Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University [in Ukrainian].
9. Titova, S.V. (2017). Pidhotovka vchyteliv filolohichnykh spetsialnostei do profesiinoi diialnosti v innovatsiinomu osvitnomu seredovyshchi [Training of teachers of philological specialties for a professional activity in the innovative educational environment]. Candidate’s thesis. Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi: Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi Hryhoriy Skovoroda State Pedagogical University [in Ukrainian].
10. Khomenko, O. V. (2012). Vplyv zahalnoievropeiskykh tendentsii na inshomovnu pidhotovku v Ukraini [European Tendencies Influence on foreign language training in Ukraine]. Pedahohichna osvita: teoriia i praktyka,
11. S. 171-175 [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.