The Development of the School’s Economical Education in Ukraine (the end of the 20th- the beginning of the 21th centuries)
The article clarifies the main tendencies of the school economic education development in Ukraine from the end of the 20th to the beginning of the 21st century.
The stages of the economic disciplines’ implementation in the educational process of secondary education establishments are revealed as: the first stage (it was between 1991 – 1993) was a period of the search of content, forms and methods of teaching economics; the second stage (between 1994-2000) was the period of formation and updating of the school economic education content; the third stage (2001-2004) was the period of mass introduction of economy in general educational establishments; the fourth stage (since 2005) was the period of the formation of continuous economic education.
It was revealed that the socio-political and socio-economic changes taken place in the early 1990s with the proclamation of Ukraine’s independence actualized the issue of providing the high level of the younger generation economic competence. That is why, since the middle of the 90’s, the optional classes in economics are opened in schools, and later ‒ the economics and entrepreneurship classes.
In the process of the research it has been found out that the beginning of the 21st century was marked by the adoption of a number of state acts proclaiming general trends in the development of education in Ukraine and identified the peculiarities of school educational management including economic (the inclusion of economic education in the invariant and variation part of the curriculum, introduction of the economic profile of the social and humanitarian direction, the expansion and differentiation of the content of economic education, the improvement of the quality of personnel and logistics of teaching disciplines and economic direction).
It is emphasized that the quality of secondary education is ensured through the implementation of the invariant and variation parts of the curriculum. The corresponding disciplines are presented as those that form the students’ outlook, economic culture and entrepreneurship.
It was indicated that a positive step towards the reforming of secondary education was the introduction of profile education in secondary schools, which included the economic profile of the social and humanitarian direction.
It was stated that at the beginning of the XXI century, in the conditions of permanent changes in society, integration into the world educational space, a school economic education also sustains a constant modernization on the way of upgrading the content and finding the effective forms of the students’ economic competence development.
2. Koncepcija ekonomichnoji osvity (2003) [The Concept of economic education]: koleghija Ministerstva osvity i nauky Ukrajiny vid 04.12.2003 r. № 12/7-4. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v12_7290-03 [in Ukrainian].
3. Lukomsjka, O.I. (2015). Stanovlennja shkiljnoji ekonomichnoji osvity v Ukrajini [The formation of school economic education in Ukraine] Retrieved from https://www.cuspu.edu.ua/en/2014-rik/3-mizhnarodna- internet-konferentsiia-2015/sektsiia-1/3524-stanovlennya-s hkilnoyi-ekonomichnoyi-osvity-v-ukrayini [in Ukrainian].
4. Navchaljni plany dennykh zaghaljnoosvitnikh shkil Ukrajinsjkoji RSR na 1991/92 navchaljnyj rik (1991) [The curriculum of the day secondary general schools of Ukrainian SSR in 1991/1992 academic year]: zatverdzheni 26.03.1991 r. Informacijnyj zbirnyk Ministerstva narodnoji osvity Ukrajinsjkoji RSR, 7, 2-21 [in Ukrainian].
5. Nacionaljna doktryna rozvytku osvity (2002) [National Doctrine of Educational Development]: Ukaz Prezydenta Ukrajiny vid 17 kvitnja 2002 r. № 347. Rezhym dostupu: https:// zakon4.rada.gov.ua/ laws/ show/ 347/ 2002 [in Ukrainian].
6. Nacionaljna strateghija rozvytku osvity v Ukrajini na period do 2021 roku (2013) [National Strategy for the Development of Education in Ukraine until the 2021]: Ukaz prezydenta Ukrajiny vid 25 chervnja 2013 r. № 344/2013. Rezhym dostupu: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/344/2013 [in Ukrainian].
7. Proghrama rozvytku narodnoji osvity Ukrajinsjkoji RSR na perekhidnyj period (1991–1995 rr.) (1991). [Program of development of national education of the Ukrainian SSR for the transitional period (1991-1995)]: rishennja koleghiji MNO URSR, vid 19.06.1991 r. protokol № 6/37 Informacijnyj zbirnyk Ministerstva narodnoji osvity Ukrajinsjkoji RSR, 15/16, 3-36 [in Ukrainian].
8. Filonchuk, Z.V. (2012). Pidghotovka vchyteliv u pisljadyplomnij osviti do formuvannja ekonomichnoji kuljtury uchniv osnovnoji shkoly [Teachers’ training in a postgraduate education before the formation of general school pupils’ economic culture]: Candidate’s thesis. Chernighiv: Chernigh. nac. ped. un-t im. T.Gh. Shevchenka [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.