Formation System of Education of Ukraine and China: Comparative Analysis
The specific aspects of the education system of Ukraine and China are considered and analyzed. It is noted that the growing intellectualization of the economy is one of the important modern criteria, which is reflected in the requirements to increase the quality of education. From this point of view, the study of China’s experience in the educational sector is relevant as it promotes the search for improvement of the existing educational model in Ukraine. A comparative description of the age criterion of the stages of the educational process in Ukraine and China is presented. From this point of view, there are the following links in the education system in two countries: pre-school education, elementary education, secondary education, higher education, adult education. Mechanisms for obtaining each level of education in two countries are revealed. The forms of educational institutions ownership and fees for educational services, terms of education, types of educational institutions of each level, statistics on the coverage of pre-school education, the number of children, educators and assistant educators in groups of kindergartens, pupils and teachers in classes, school regimen, grading scale, the lesson duration, the only state examination for admission to higher education, the conditions for admitting university entrants to institutions of higher education are revealed. It is also noted that there is an acute problem with the provision of teaching staff with higher education in China preschool institutions and this issue is systematically and purposefully solved by the state. The article analyzes the three top rankings of the best institutions of higher education in the world educational market in the context of the quantitative component of Ukrainian and Chinese universities representatives. The indexes for which the universities were evaluated and the world top universities’ rating was created. The authors made a conclusion that only six institutions of higher education of Ukraine have world-class recognition, and two of them meet international standards of preparation of skilled workers. The authors based the position that China is one of the leaders in providing quality educational services, and therefore it is expedient to study the organization, content, forms and methods in the Chinese universities for the purpose of implantation of constructive experience in the educational system of Ukraine.
2. Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018 results announced. (2018, August 14). Retrieved from https://www. timeshighereducation.com/student/news/shanghairanking-academic- ranking-world-universities-2018-results-announced.
3. QS World University Rankings 2018. (2018, November 22). Retrieved from https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/ world-university-rankings/2018.
4. Kadieva, D. D. (2018). Teaching of different countries. Pedagogical workshop, 1(85), 24-26.
5. Li Sian (2012). Primary School in China. Elementary School, 10, 60–61.
6. Luhovyi, V. I., Slusarenko, O. M. & Talanova, Zh. V. (2015). Research in universities, studying in academies: the path to the integration of education and science. Pedagogy and Psychology, 4(89), 11–21.
7. Preschool Education in China. (2017, November 12). Retrieved from http://orsona.ru/2017/11/12/doshkolnoe-obrazovanie-v- kitae/
8. State statistics of Ukraine. Preschool Education. (2017). Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2005/osv_ rik/osv_u/dz_u.html.
9. Prokofiev, V. (2015). Analogues of external independent evaluation in the world. School, 11(119), 28–33.
10. Rating of the best universities in the world according to times higher education version. (2018). Analytical Portal «Humanitarian Technologies». Retrieved from http://gtmarket.ru/ ratings/the-world-university-rankings/info.
11. Vilchkovskyi, E. S. & Pasichnyk, V. R. (2005). Physical education of Chinese schoolchildren. Physical education in native school, 3, 42-46.
12. Vocational school. (2017). Retrieved from https:// uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Професійно-технічний_навчальний_ заклад#cite_note-1.
13. World University Rankings 2018. (2018, April 09). Retrieved from https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world- university-rankings/2018/world-ranking#!/page/22/length/50/sort_by/ rank/sort_order/asc/cols/scores.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.