Fundamentalization of the Social Workers’ Professional Training in the Context of Globalization Processes
The study is devoted to the problem of fundamentalization of the social workers’ professional training. The article substantiates the urgency of the fundamentalization of an educational system in general and a social education, in particular, connected with the necessity of forming the future specialist’s holistic perception of the world, and, at the same time, the profound occupation of the profession in the context of globalization challenges. The benefit of this study is that the main manifestations of the globalization of the sphere of education are outlined as: the emergence of a global market for educational services; the emergence of educational transnational corporations; the informatization of education; a convergence, which involves the merger and interpenetration of educational and social systems; an integration; the standardization of both educational systems and cultural values. It is noted by the author that the fundamentalization of the training of social workers takes place within the framework of modernization of social education systems characterized by decentralization of a social education management, the unification of the content of social workers’ training, the intensification of interdisciplinary cooperation, the internationalization of education, the introduction of distance learning technologies, etc. According to the purpose of the article, the essential characteristic of the fundamentalisation of education and specialists’ vocational training is outlined as that which provides for the transition from narrow specialized to fundamental and holistic knowledge, focused on the development of scientific forms of specialist’s thinking, its general and professional culture, and a high level of adaptability. The author of the article also outlined general methodological approaches to the analysis of education fundamentalization (systemic, synergistic, humanistic, epistemological, competence, acmeological, comprehensive, activity, person-oriented), each of them allows identifying problems of a system of the fundamentalization of the social sphere workers’ professional training, describing the ways and basic means of their solution. Moreover, it is also noted by the author that, under current conditions, the fundamentalization of education is one of the leading factors in improving its quality, the basis of professional mobility of a specialist.
2. Honcharenko, S. U. (2008). Fundamentalizatsiia profesiinoi osvity yak dydaktychnyi pryntsyp [Fundamentalization of vocational education as didactic principle]. Teoriia i praktyka upravlinnia sotsialnymy systemamy: filosofiia, psykholohiia, pedahohika, sotsiolohiia – The theory and practice of social systems management: philosophy, psychology, pedagogy, sociology, 2, 87–91 [in Ukrainian].
3. Horishna, N. (2007). Cuchasni tendentsii rozvytku sotsialnoi roboty ta pidhotovky sotsialnykh pratsivnykiv. [Modern trends in the development of social work and training of social workers]. Social Work and Education, 4(2), 8–22 [in Ukrainian].
4. Kamashev, S. V. & Kosenko, T. S. (2012). Globalizatsiya obrazovaniya i «globalnoe obrazovanie» v sovremennom mire. [Globalization of education and «global education» in the modern world]. Filosofiia obrazovaniia – Philosophy of education. 6 (45). 124–132 [in Russian].
5. Rebukha, L. (2017). Polifunktsionalna diialnist sotsialnoho pratsivnyka yak skladova sutnosti sotsialnoi roboty [Social worker’s polyfunctional activity as a component of the content of social work]. Molod i rynok – Youth and the market, 1, 55–59 [in Ukrainian].
6. Semerikov S. O., Teplytskyi I. O. (2009). Fundamentalizatsiia yak osnova rozvytku innovatsiinoi vyshchoi osvity [Fundamentalization as the basis for the development of innovative higher education]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Kam’ianets-Podilskoho natsionalnoho universytetu: Seriia pedahohichna – Collection of scientific works of Kamenets-Podilskyi National University: Pedagogical series, 15, 249–251 [in Ukrainian].
7. Sysoieva, S. O. (2008). Naukovi doslidzhennia yak rezultat tvorchoho poshuku i profesiinoi samorealizatsii pedahoha [Scientific research as a result of creative search and the teacher’s professional self-realization]. In S. O. Sysoieva (Ed.). Tvorchist i tekhnolohii v naukovykh doslidzhenniakh neperervnoi profesiinoi osvity [Creativity and technologies in the research of continuing vocational education]. 7–12. Кyiv: КІМ [in Ukrainian].
8. Chitalin, N. A. (2000). Fundamentalnoe professionalnoe obrazovanie. [Fundamental vocational education]. Fundamentalnoe obrazovanie – Fundamental education, 2, 11–15 [in Russian].
9. Blok, W. (2011). Social work: an international profession in national straitjackets. Journal of Social Intervention: Theory and Practice, 20(1), 118–122.
10. Lyons, K. (2017). Globalization and social work: International and local implications. British Journal of Social Work, 36(3), 365–380.
11. Sapir, A. (2006). Globalization and the reform of European social models. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies, 44(2), 369–390.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.