FEATURES OF STUDYING THE DISCIPLINE «INTRODUCTION TO THE SPECIALTY» IN THE FUTURE SOCIAL WORKERS’ TRAINING
The article is devoted to the features of studying the discipline «Introduction to the Specialty» in the future social workers’ training. The author explores theoretical and practical issues in training future specialists in social sphere during the study of this discipline. The aim of the article is to characterize the features of realizing future social workers’ training in the framework of studying the educational discipline «Introduction to the Specialty». It is also noted that this course is an academic discipline for the1st year students (1 semester) and a basis for meeting a future profession, because students master the theoretical foundations of practical professional activities on assisting people in need of social support and assistance; study the concept-categorical apparatus used by social workers in the process of work in the specialty; define the foundations and prospects for further development of social work. It is defined that the problem of future social workers’ training embraces the wide circle of questions and is important for researchers. The benefit of article is that its author has done the analysis, on the basis of theoretical and empirical research, that professional training of specialists in the social sphere in Ukraine is carried out in various forms: full-time, part-time, part-time, evening, external studies and others. The generalization and systematization of scientific research in the field of social pedagogy and social work allowed determining the main direction in realizing the future social workers’ training to their future professional work. In author’s opinion, the expansion of the content of the discipline «Introduction to the Specialty» by theoretical knowledge and practical tasks will significantly enrich content of this discipline. In addition, the author also notes that the disclosure of the features for realizing the content of future social workers’ training will improve the quality of their professional training in modern conditions. The author of the article has made a conclusion that the complex realization of certain scientific approaches and principles of the future social sphere specialists’ training, the systematic use of innovative methods, technologies in teaching students, which gave a promotion to facilitating, motivating, activating the students’ educational-cognitive and creative activity in their professional training, were directed at forming all the components of readiness to perform future professional functions. The prospects for further exploration in this area are seen by the author as the analysis of international experience on the issue of future social workers training during the study of the professional direction disciplines.
2. Kapska A. Y. Deiaki aspekty profesiinoi pidhotovky sotsialnykh pedahohiv i sotsialnykh pratsivnykiv [Some aspects of the professional training of social educators and social workers]. Visnyk Hlukhivskoho natsionalnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu im. O. Dovzhenka. Seriia: Pedahohichni nauk, 2010. №15. S. 12–16
3. Kliui L. V. Strukturuvannia zmistu navchalnoho materialu kursu za vyborom u protsesi fakhovoi pidhotovky maibutnikh sotsialnykh pedahohiv [Structuring the contents of elective course material in the process of professional training of future social teachers]. Pedahohika vyshchoi i serednoi shkoly : zb. nauk. prats. Kryvyi Rih, 2015. Vyp. 45. S. 22–28.
4. Polishchuk V. A. Profesiina pidhotovka fakhivtsiv sotsialnoi sfery: zarubizhnyi dosvid [Professional training of specialists in the social sphere: foreign experience]: posibnyk. Ternopil: Navchalna knyha – Bohdan, 2003. 184 s.
5. Ridkodubska A. A. Metodychni rekomendatsii dlia samostiinoho vyvchennia dystsypliny «Vstup do spetsialnosti» studentamy spetsialnosti «Sotsialna robota» [Methodical recommendations for self-studying the discipline «Introduction to the specialty» by students of the specialty «Social Work»]. Khmelnytskyi: KhNU, 2005. 85s.
6. Harchenko S. Ya. Didakticheskie osnovyi podgotovki studentov k sotsIalno-pedagogicheskoy deyatelnosti [Didactic bases for training students for social and pedagogical activities]. Lugansk : Alma mater, 1999. 138 s.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.