OVERCOMING THE TEACHERS’ PROFESSIONAL BURNOUT BY INTRODUCING HEALTH-SAVING TECHNOLOGIES
The article reveals, basing of the analysis of psychological and pedagogical literature, the content of key concepts of the problem of teachers’ professional burnout overcoming, in particular such as «professional burnout», «health», «healthy lifestyle», «culture of health», «health-saving technologies». The author determines that the result of teachers’ professional burnout overcoming is the formed health-saving competence, which has such components as: the motivational-value component (considering an emotional health as a vital and professional significance value, inducing to acquire knowledge, developing useful habits, emotional health self-studying and controlling its condition); the content component (mastering the system of knowledge of foreign and domestic experience on healthcare, professional health and health in general and the barriers to the professional burnout overcoming); the activity component (manifestation of autonomy in the process of health-saving, the development of individual methods and styles of health-saving, aimed at overcoming the burnout of teachers); the communicative component (organization and maintenance of the health-saving mood, ability to self-manage emotions); the emotionally-volitional (receiving pleasure from the development of the emotional sphere, forming a positive attitude of pedagogical activity); the personal-reflective one (teachers’ activities self-assessment). The methods of research are described for the purpose of checking the formation of the teachers’ health-saving competence according to certain criteria (motivational, cognitive, procedural-active, informational-communicative, reflective-productive) and levels (high, average, low). The results of the conducted questionnaires, testing and inquiry gave grounds to ascertain mainly the average and low levels of the teachers’ health-saving competence formation. On the basis of the obtained results it is theoretically substantiated the concept and developed the methods of the teachers’ health-saving competence formation to overcome their professional burnout, the last is implemented at the following stages: professional-motivational, content-activity, reflective-corrective. The experimental implementation of the developed methodology indicates the overcoming of teachers’ professional burnout through the formation of their health-saving competence.
2. Kabus N. D. Do problemy formuvannia dukhovnoho zdorovia osobystosti [To the problem of forming the spiritual health of an individual]. Pedahohika zdorovia, 2012. S. 141-144.
3. Kabus N. D. Formuvannia tvorchoi osobystosti yak umova zberezhennia psykhichnoho zdorovia ditei, pozbavlenykh batkivskoho pikluvannia [Formation of a creative person as a condition for the preservation of the mental health of children deprived of parental care]. Pedahohika zdorovia, 2011. S. 81-84.
4. Konovchuk N. S. Osnovni prychyny ta profilaktyka profesiinoho vyhorannia u menedzheriv [The main causes and prevention of managers’ professional burnout]. Pravnychyi visnyk universytetu «KROK». 2012. Vyp. 14. S. 91-95.
5. Myronchuk N. M. Profesiine vyhorannia vykladacha vyshchoi shkoly: chynnyky, oznaky, sposoby protydii [Professional burnout of a teacher of higher education: factors, signs, methods of counteraction]. Teoretychni i metodychni zasady rozvytku i samovdoskonalennia osobystosti pedahoha-novatora v konteksti modernizatsii novoi ukrainskoi shkoly: zb. nauk.-metod. prats. Zhytomyr: Vyd-vo Yevenok O.O., 2017. S. 62-67.
6. Profilaktyka profesiinoho vyhorannia pratsivnykiv sotsialnoi sfery [Prevention of the social workers’ professional burnout]: metod. rekomend. / za zah. red. M. L. Avramenka. L., 2008. 53 s.
7. Khatuntseva S. M. Formuvannia zdoroviazberezhuvalnoi kompetentnosti maibutnoho pedahoha na zasadakh indyvidualizatsii profesiinoi pidhotovky studentiv u VNZ [Formation of the future teacher’s healthcare saving competence on the basis of individualization of professional training of students in higher educational institutions]. Humanitarnyi visnyk DVNZ «Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskoho derzhavnoho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni H. Skovorody», 2013. Vyp. 30. C. 281–286.
8. Khatuntseva S. M. Formuvannia pedahohichnoi kompetentnosti maibutnoho vchytelia na zasadakh indyvidualizatsii profesiinoi pidhotovky [Formation of the future teacher’s pedagogical competence on the basis of professional training individualization]. Science and Education. A New Dimention, 2013. Vol. 1. C. 74–79.
9. Cherniss C. The role of professional self-efficacy in the etiology and amelioration of burnout. Professional of Burn-out: Resend Developments in Theory and Research. London: Taylor and Francis, 1993. P. 135-149.
10. Freudenberger H.J. Staff burnout. Journal of Social Issues. 1974. Vol. 30. P. 150-165.
11. Maslach C., Goldberg J. Prevention of burnout: new perspectives. Applied and Preventive Psychology. 1998. Vol. 7 P. 63-74.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.