THE ROLE OF LEGAL CLINIC IN TRAINING FUTURE PROFESSIONALS OF JURISPRUDENCE
One of the most important problems in the field of law education is the problem of practical professional training future professionals of jurisprudence. The necessity of a radical update of the legislation, improving the quality of normative, law enforcement and law applicable activities requires changes in traditional system of study. The defined changes should be directed at obtaining by future lawyers professional skills in using norms of law not abstractly or detachedly from everyday life situations, but focused on the ability to apply them in practice. The organization of work of legal clinic within the institution of education takes an important role in vocational training future professionals of jurisprudence.
The article is devoted to the definition and study of the role of legal clinic in training future professionals of jurisprudence. The article deals with the process of modernization of law education in modern Ukraine that is focused on the development of practical training future professionals of jurisprudence, in which a clinical study plays a significant role. The meaning of practical activities of legal clinic as an organizational structure and special educational program has been defined. The directions of legal clinic work have been studied. The educational and professional-oriented significance of the work of legal clinic in college have been analyzed. Its role in the teachers’ work for training future professionals of law activity, for providing legal assistance to clients, which belong to low-income groups of population has been determined. The content and the program of clinical legal training have been revealed. It has been established that organization of practice in legal clinic allows providing full-format student’s work in real business under such teacher’s control, which ensures the actual independence of professional activity with expressive guarantees of its quality. The author made a conclusion that the introduction of legal clinical education in the legal education system can provide: students ‒ by an experience in practical professional activities, consolidate theoretical knowledge gained during training, in practice; low-income persons ‒ a qualitative legal aid, the ability to protect their rights and legitimate interests; the institution of legal education ‒ the basis for students' training and production practice, new forms and methods of practical training of students in the educational process, a guarantee of the issuance of highly skilled specialists; the state ‒ a high level of legal education and legal culture in the country, access of vulnerable groups to free legal aid.
2. Honcharenko V. Yu. (2014). Yurydychna klinika: istoriia i vyznachennia. [Legal clinic: history and definition]. Praktyka diialnosti «yurydychnykh klinik» Ukrainy – The practice of activity of «legal clinics» of Ukraine. 2014. 1. P. 3–5.
3. Dobrokhotova Ye. N. (2012). Yuridicheskiie kliniki i deiatelnost pro bono, ikh otnosheniie k sistemam besplatnoi yuridicheskoi pomoshchi. [Legal clinics and activity of pro bono, their relation to free legal assistance systems]. Zakon – Law. 2012. 11. P. 55–67.
4. Dubchak N. S. (2010). Okremi pytannia stanovlennia yurydychnykh klinik v Ukraini. [Separate questions of the establishment of legal clinics in Ukraine]. Naukovyi chasopys NPU imeni M. P. Drahomanova. Ser.: Ekonomika i pravo – Scientific journal of the National Pedagogical Drahomanov University. Series: Economics and law. 2010. 12. P. 144–160.
5. Yelov V. (2012). Yurkliniky sohodni mozhut zabezpechuvaty efektyvnu robotu v sferi prava. [Legal clinics today can provide effective work in the field of law]. Yurydychnyi visnyk Ukrainy – Law Bulletin of Ukraine. 2012. 14 (875). P. 13–21.
6. Kozhemiako N. V. (2016). Spetsyfika profesiinoi diialnosti fakhivtsia z pravoznavstva osvitno-kvalifikatsiinoho rivnia «molodshyi spetsialist». [Specifics of professional activity of jurisprudence specialist of the educational-qualification level «junior specialist»]. Profesiina osvita: problem i perspektyvy – Vocational education: problems and perspectives. 2016. 10. P. 16–20.
7. Lodzhuk M. T. (2013). Yuridicheskoe klinicheskoe obrazovanie studentov v sovremennoi Ukraine. [Law clinical education of students in modern Ukraine]. Vserosiiskii zhurnal nauchnykh publikatsii – All-Russian journal of scientific publications. 2013. 5 (20). P. 40–41.
8. Manhora V. V. (2012). Rol yurydychnykh klinik u profesiinii pidhotovtsi maibutnikh yurystiv. [The role of legal clinics in vocational training future lawyers]. Naukovyi chasopys NPU imeni M. P. Drahomanova. Ser.: Ekonomika i parvo – Scientific journal of the National Pedagogical Drahomanov University. Series: Economics and law. 2012. 17. P. 167–173.
9. Pro bezoplatnu pravovu dopomohu: Zakon Ukrainy № 3460-VI vid 2.06.2011 r. [On Free Legal Assistance: The Law of Ukraine № 3460-VI from 2.06.2011]. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy – Information of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2011. 51, art. 577.
10. Sumulska A. V. (2014). Rol yurydychnoi klinichnoi osvity u pidhotovtsi maibutnikh pravoznavtsiv do konsultatsiinoi roboty z kliientamy (na prykladi yurydychnooh fakultetu Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V. N. Karazina). [The role of legal clinical education in training future lawyers to consulting work with clients (on the example of the Law Faculty of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University)]. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V. N. Karazina – Bulletin of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University. 2014. 36. P. 190–192.
11. Fihel Yu. O. (2010). Formuvannia vmin realizatsii prava v yurydychnii klinitsi. [Formation of law enforcement skills in a legal clinic]. Advokat – The Lawyer. 2010. 10 (121). P. 46–48. [in Ukrainian]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.