PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PEDAGOGICAL APPROACHES TO THE CHARACTERISTICS OF PEDAGOGICAL CULTURE AS A SCIENTIFIC CATEGORY
The article establishes that education is capable to form actively and purposefully cultural qualities of a person and create the proper conditions for the assimilation of cultural values. Man is not only a passive «consumer» of the cultural, spiritual values of society, but also an active «generator» of them. The attention is focused on the substantiation of the need for the formation of social workers the high level of pedagogical culture during training. The urgency of the problem of the formation of pedagogical culture, because of the increasing of social problems in the Ukrainian society, is intensifying. The complexity of the formation the pedagogical culture of future social workers is that the system of their training is characterized by a limited pedagogical component.
The views of scientists on the content of scientific definitions «culture» and «pedagogical culture» are analyzed. On the basis of the analysis of psychological and pedagogical literature, the term «culture» is regarded as a great construct that really reflects the various aspects of human life. Culture is considered by scientists to be the highest manifestation of human education and professional competence, since it is at the cultural level that human personality can most fully be manifested. The core of culture is the universal values, the ways of their perception and achievement.
It was found that a pedagogical culture is capable of providing orientation to humanitarian and personal development. A pedagogical culture is a part of universal culture, which reflects the spiritual and material values of education and training, as well as the ways of creative pedagogical activity. It has an objective and subjective sides. The objective side is reflected in the state of social pedagogical consciousness, and the subjective characterizes the level of the formation of the need for the improvement. A pedagogical culture is considered in several areas. Firstly, as the part of social practice in the field of relations between generations, where certain traditions accumulate, the norms of relationships. Secondly, as a branch of human knowledge, which includes pedagogical concepts, theories, norms, values and ideas. The socio-pedagogical, activity and individual-personal aspects of understanding of pedagogical culture are considered.
Pedagogical culture solves the problem of cultural self-awareness, the values of those professionals who are associated with education. In particular, future social workers in their professional duties should carry out social education for clients of different age groups. The pedagogical culture of social workers is a particularly valuable characteristic of their professional activity, which provides a set of pedagogical preparedness. It reflects the degree of their maturity as educators of their clients in the course of carrying out professional activities with different categories of clients. We believe that the formation of a proper level of pedagogical culture among future social workers is a path to professional development.
2. Vasianovych H. P. (2005). Pedahohichna etyka: navchalno-metodychnyi posibnyk [Pedagogical ethics: a teaching manual]. Lviv, «Norma». 344 s. [in Ukrainian].
3. Honcharenko S. U. (1997). Ukrainskyi pedahohichnyi slovnyk [Ukrainian Pedagogical Dictionary]. Kyiv: Lybid. – 376 s. [in Ukrainian].
4. Zaharchenko Е. YU. (1999)/ Pedagogicheskaya kultura i kulturno-obrazovatelnaya situaciya [Pedagogical culture and cultural and educational situation]. Pedagogika. №3. S. 69–73 [in Russian].
5. Ivanova T. V. (1999). Kul'tura pedagogicheskogo obshcheniya: monografiya [Culture of pedagogical communication: monograph]. Kyiv : CVP. 357 s. [in Russian].
6. Pedagogicheskij Enciklopedicheskij slovar' (2002) [Pedagogical Encyclopedic Dictionary] / gl. red. S. M. Bim-Bad. Moskva : Bol'shaya Rossijskaya enciklopediya. 528 s. [in Russian].
7. Sukhomlynskyi V. O. (1966) Nasha «skrypka» (Rozdumy pro pedahohichnu kulturu) [Our «violin» (Reflections on pedagogical culture)]. Radianska osvita. 21 travnia [in Ukrainian].
8. Shcherbakov B. Yu. Paradigmyi sovremennogo obrazovaniya: chelovek i kultura [Paradigms of modern education: people and culture]. Moskva : Logos, 2001. – 144 s. [in Russian].
9. Shcherban P. (2004) Pedahohichna kultura ta yii znachennia v suspilstvi [Pedagogical culture and its importance in society]. Ridna shkola. № 7-8 (lypen-serpen). S. 16–19 [in Ukrainian].
10. Iahupov V. V. (2003). Pedahohika: navch. posib. [Pedagogy: textbook]. Kyiv : Lybid, 2003. – 560 s. [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.