TRANSFORMATION OF NATURAL AND MATHEMATICAL DISCIPLINES IN THE CONTEXT OF STEM-EDUCATION
The article describes the ways of introducing STEM-education into the educational process. On the basis of numerous studies, a content analysis of the problem of STEM education in different countries has been made. The features of STEM-education implementation in natural and mathematical disciplines are considered. It is noted that the task of STEM-training is to create preconditions for the development of students' interest in natural and technical disciplines. The factors influencing the effectiveness of the STEM subjects’ introduction in the educational process are described. The author of the article has paid attention to the today’s active movement from STEM to STEAM, an updated term which adds a creativity and art to the main STEM direction. STEAM is a formation based on the application of an interdisciplinary and applied approach, when all five disciplines are united into a single learning system; it is the key to creativity, an essential component of innovation. It is determined that the new trend in the STEM global system is robotics, which allows the programming and designing skills developing, being an integrator of all four components of STEM. Robotics is a branch of technics, related to the development and use of robots, as well as computer systems for their management, sensory feedback and information processing. The priority directions of the indicated problem’s research are also specified. The author of the article has made a conclusion that, in modern conditions of natural and mathematical education updating within a competent approach framework, it is important for a teacher to know the conceptual provisions of personality-oriented education, to rethink the role of natural and mathematical disciplines in the pupil's personality formation, to identify the main directions of activity in improving the education quality, to realize a new approach to reviewing the technologies of educational process’s organization, and modernizing the state system of pupils’ final certification. The author has also concluded that the task of natural and mathematical education is to provide a new quality of teaching pupils through the educational process intensification, the further improvement of teaching methods, the development of pupils’ interest, individual abilities and inclinations, the widespread use of advanced experience.
2. Dotsenko S. O. Vykorystannia mediatek dlia pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti pedahohichnoi diialnosti [Using MediaTeq for improving the efficiency of pedagogical activity]. Vykorystannia media-tekhnolohii u pidhotovtsi vchyteliv: yevropeiskyi ta vitchyznianyi dosvid : materialy mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychnoi Internet-konferentsii (m. Hlukhiv 25 liutoho 2015 roku). Hlukhiv, 2015. S. 56-58
3. Dotsenko S. O. Dydaktychnyi potentsial kompetentnisnoi modeli osvity shchodo rozvytku tvorchykh zdibnostei uchniv proektnykh klasiv «Intelekt Ukrainy» [Didactic potential of the competence model of education in relation to developing the creative abilities of pupils of the "Intellect of Ukraine" project classes]. Ridna shkola. № 4 (1036) (kviten). 2016. S. 32-39.
4. Dotsenko S. O. Zastosuvannia STEM-osvita dlia rozvytku tvorchykh zdibnostei uchniv pochatkovoi shkoly [Application of STEM-education for the development of the elementary school pupils creative abilities]. Areas of scientific thought 2016/2017 : materials of the XII International scientific and practical sonference (december 30, 2016 january 7, 2017). Volume 3. Pedagogical sciences. Sheffield : Science and education LTD, 2016. P. 76-78.
5. Dotsenko S. O. Ivashchenko M. V. STEM-osvita yak zasib rozvytku tvorchykh zdibnostei maibutnoho fakhivtsia u vyshchomu navchalnomu zakladi [STEM-education as a means of developing the future specialists creative abilities in a higher education establishment. Zbirnyk materialiv Vseukrainskoi naukovo-metodychnoi Internet-konferentsii «Rozvytok naukovoi ta innovatsiinoi diialnosti v osviti: suchasnyi pohliad» (m. Kharkiv 9 chervnia 2017 r.). Kharkiv : KhNADU. S.160-163
6. Dotsenko S. O. Lebedieva V. V. STEM-osvita yak zasib aktyvizatsii tvorchoho potentsialu osobystosti [STEM-education as a means of activating the individuals creative potential]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats za materialamy dystantsiinoi vseukrainskoi naukovoi konferentsii «Matematyka u tekhnichnomu universyteti XXI storichchia» (m. Kramatorsk, 15–16 travnia, 2017 r.), Donbaska derzhavna mashynobudivna akademiia. Kramatorsk : DDMA, 2017. S. 312-314.
7. Dotsenko S. O. Rozvytok tvorchykh zdibnostei uchniv pochatkovoi shkoly u protsesi vyvchennia predmetiv pryrodnycho-matematychnoho tsyklu (teoretychni ta metodolohichni zasady) [Development of the elementary school pupilscreative abilities in the process of studying subjects of the natural-mathematical cycle (theoretical and methodological principles)] : monohrafiia. Kharkiv : Mitra», 2018. 380 s.
8. Kovalenko O., Saprunova O. STEM-osvita : dosvid uprovadzhennia v krainakh YeS ta SShA [STEM-education: experience of introduction in the EU and USA]. Ridna shkola, № 4 (1036). kviten, 2016. S. 46-50.
9. Berk R. A. Professors are from Mars, Students Are from Snickers: how to Write and Deliver Humor in the Classroom and Professional Presentations. Madison. Mendota Press, 1998. 185 p.
10. Dotsenko S. A. STEM-education as a means of development of creative abilities of students. Actual problems of globalization : Collection of scientific articles. Midas S.A.,Thessaloniki, Greece, 2016. P. 218-224.
11. Wittmann E. Ch. From inservice courses to systematic cooperation between teachers and researchers. Zentralblatt fuer Didaktik der Mathematik. Wiesbaden: Wieweg, 1991. P. 158-160.
12. Wollach M. A., Kogan N. A. A new look at the creativity intelligence distinctionю. Journal of Personality. 1965. № 33. P. 348-369.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.