FORMING THE CHILDREN’S ECONOMIC COMPETENCE IN THE PROCESS OF CONTINUITY (PRESCHOOL-ELEMENTARY SCHOOL)
The article deals with systematization of the concepts of «economic competence», «economic knowledge», «economic education», «economic thinking», «economic bringing up», «economic consciousness», «economic culture». The places of these notions in the process of forming the economic competencies of preschoolers and junior pupils are defi ned. The essence and relation of system-forming categories of economic competence of children are revealed.
The authors propose the defi nition of these notions and the use of them in the process of economic upbringing of preschool children and economic education of junior pupils. The practical aspect is emphasized, that is the implementation of the international program of social and fi nancial education «Afl atot» in pre-school establishments and the course of the variable component of the Program of the elementary school «Interesting economy» (grades 2–4) (author Kashuba L.V., proved by The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine). Attention is drawn to ensuring an integrated approach to the process of economic education and bringing up, which provides the formation of elementary knowledge, skills and abilities, personal qualities necessary for a successful solution of the competence approach in terms of integration.
The authors of the article make a conclusion that the beginning of the formation of economic competence at the level of preschool education, elementary school and the subsequent gradual systematic formation of economic competence is effective and appropriate, but native researches on this issue is practically absent. That is why, the further researches of real foreign experience on this issue should be done and the peculiarities of the formation of the economic competence of comprehensive school pupils in our country should be carried out in view of the current socio-economic state.
2. Kashuba L. Ekonomicheskoye obucheniya mladshikh shkol’nikov po programme «Interesnaya ekonomika» / L. Kashuba // Nauchnyy zhurnal. Sentyabr’. – № 3–4 (60–61). Nikolayev: NOIPPO, 2012. – S. 31–37.
3. Kashuba L.V. Ekonomicheskaya sotsializatsiya mladshikh shkol’nikov v usloviyakh yevrointegratsii / Lyudmila Kashuba, Nadya Chaban, Yelena Chereshnyuk // Vestnik L’vovskogo universiteta. – Seriya pedagogicheskaya. – Vypusk 30. – L’vov, 2016. – S. 33–42.
4. Kovtun H.I. and Martynenko O.V. (2013). Do pytannia formuvannia ekonomichnoi kompetentnosti uchniv [To the question of economic competence of students]. Pedahohichni nauky: teoriia, istoriia, innovatsijni tekhnolohii [Pedagogical Sciences: theory, history, innovative technologies], no. 4, pp. 135–144.
5. Matsko L.A. and Pryschak M.D. (2010), Osnovy psykholohii ta pedahohiky [Bases of psychology and pedagogics], VNTU, available at: http://posibnyky. vntu.edu.ua/psihologiya/r434.htm (accessed 13 February 2015).
6. Novikova L.M. (2003), Formuvannia ekonomichnykh znan’ uchniv profi l’nykh klasiv v umovakh dovuzivs’koi pidhotovky. Dys. kand. ped. nauk [Development of economic knowledge of students of specialized classes in the conditions of pre-University training. PhD ped. sci. diss.], Kharkiv, Russia, 177 p.
7. Pasichnyk N.O. (1998), Vykhovannia ta ekonomichni vidnosyny [Education and economic relations]. Naukovi zapysky. Vypusk XII. Seriia: Pedahohichni nauky [Scientifi c notes. Issue XII. Series: pedagogy], KSPU Volodymyr Vynnychenko Publ., Kirovohrad, Russia, 176 p.
8. Sinov V.N. Pedagogicheskaya sistema A.S. Makarenko i puti ee ispolzovaniya v praktike organov, ispolnyayuschih nakazanie / V.I. Krivusha, V.M. Sinev; RIO IPK OIN. – K., 1992. – 30 s.
9. Tovkanets’ H.V. (2012), Katehorii i funktsii vyschoi ekonomichnoi osvity [Categories and functions of higher economic education]. Materials VIII mezhdunarodna nauchna practical conference «Dinamika ta nasavremennata science-2012», 17 to 25 July 2012, vol. 6, Pedagogical Sciences, «White City BG» LTD Publ., Sofi a, Bulgaria, pp. 23–27, available at: http://www.rusnauka. com/21_DSN_2012/Pedagogica/2_114645.doc.htm (accessed 13 February 2015).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.